Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey from Memphis TN. and the F.N.G. Just bought my first Vmax last week and I LOVE IT! It's a 97 with a 4-2-1 Kerker exhaust. Dust silver paint. Bone stock. So if you guys have any must haves that I need to do to my Vmax let me know and I'll be surfing the site and the web to keep my Vmax updated and running perfect. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum. Have you confirmed the carbs are " bone stock " ? Most combine the 4-1 Kerker with a Stage 7 or Morleys Muscle Jet Kit to get the true value out of the exhaust update.

Hey this is Adam. Just joined and located in Hubert, NC (Camp Lejeune), I just had my wife pick up an 86 VMAX while I am still in Afghanistan. This is my first VMAX but 4th bike overall, had to part with my 2003 RC51 for this one.

It has a lot of the common upgrades to it already (Stage 7 Jet kit, VBoost removed, 4 into 1 exhaust, R1 brake upgrade, etc) just looking to learn from the forums as I do with all my toys (diesel trucks, Mustangs, etc). Won't get to see it until June but had a buddy send me a video. Sounds great, needs a ton of cleaning.

Welcome Adam , and thank you for your service. We have some older vets on the forum ( '68 - '74 ) , younger as well , and all are willing to help a Maxxer .

Hey from Memphis TN. and the F.N.G. Just bought my first Vmax last week and I LOVE IT! It's a 97 with a 4-2-1 Kerker exhaust. Dust silver paint. Bone stock. So if you guys have any must haves that I need to do to my Vmax let me know and I'll be surfing the site and the web to keep my Vmax updated and running perfect. Thanks.

Kerkers sound bad ass. Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum. Have you confirmed the carbs are " bone stock " ? Most combine the 4-1 Kerker with a Stage 7 or Morleys Muscle Jet Kit to get the true value out of the exhaust update.
The paper work that I got with the bike said that it has a stage 1 kit. The guy I bought it from took it to I C Racing in Norcross Ga. last month and they put the stage 1 kit in and synchronized the carbs. sounds like I need to upgrade my jet kit. Thanks.

Hi guys, not new in the strictest sense of the word because have been registered for a while but not a regualr visitor I must admit however thats going to change I was going to exchange my Vmax for another but now have decided to refurbish my 03..

will post some photos of how it used to be..

hi everyone, another new member Mike here. I'm in the Sacramento, california area and have had my Max since 1992. Its an 85 and I rode here religously throughout the arizona desert for many years untill life got in the way. She "Maxine" got pushed to the back burner while I sorted out a devorce, raising 2 kids on my own and now a job transfer to northern california. Every move I have dragged her along telling myself I was going to breath life into here again someday. Today is that day. The tank looks pretty rusty so I started pulling it yesterday and hope to have it cleaned up and back in in a few days. I'm in desperate need of a good carb guy in the area to help me sort them out. I hope to lean on many of you for advise as I attempt to bring Maxine back from the dead.

welcome sactomax, Im sure I speak for all of us when I say " Im glad you draged maxine around with you",and now that you found us ,maxine will be glad too.

hi everyone, another new member Mike here. I'm in the Sacramento, california area and have had my Max since 1992. Its an 85 and I rode here religously throughout the arizona desert for many years untill life got in the way. She "Maxine" got pushed to the back burner while I sorted out a devorce, raising 2 kids on my own and now a job transfer to northern california. Every move I have dragged her along telling myself I was going to breath life into here again someday. Today is that day. The tank looks pretty rusty so I started pulling it yesterday and hope to have it cleaned up and back in in a few days. I'm in desperate need of a good carb guy in the area to help me sort them out. I hope to lean on many of you for advise as I attempt to bring Maxine back from the dead.
Welcome I am sure some guys in your area will chime in & if not there are plenty of good carb guys scattered around including me,Dannymax,one2dmax,ragin man. I am sure we can all get the job done.

Just wanted to say hi! Worked as a mechanic in 1985 when the first V-Max came out and always wanted one, just picked up a 2003.

Welcome Animal. this is the place to be for all your Max questions and needs!..............Like yourself, I hear the same story of wanting one way back when they were introduced, it's probally a good thing "in my case anyways" that I did not aquire one when I was younger as it probally would have killed me.................:biglaugh:................Tom.

Welcome Animal. this is the place to be for all your Max questions and needs!..............Like yourself, I hear the same story of wanting one way back when they were introduced, it's probally a good thing "in my case anyways" that I did not aquire one when I was younger as it probally would have killed me.................:biglaugh:................Tom.

Welcome Animal. Ditto that. My same story. wanted one when i was younger probably best i didnt get one then. lol. sold mine last year. ill be lookin again next year. they are a beast.

Welcome Animal451 to the forum. Glad you got you a Max, I have had so much fun on mine I would not trade it for anything, unless of course it was another one that was in better condition lol

My name is Rik, I am 42 years old and after wanting a vmax forever, I finally bought one yesterday,,,, she's a 1986 with 11k original miles, at the shop now just getting the once over, and will be riding her this week....let me know what ya think and look forward to learning alot here and maybe meeting some of you to go riding!

my86yamahavmax2.jpg

my86yamahavmax.jpg

Welcome Rick. I just sold my 86 max and already regretting it.( still have my 06 but 2 is better than one) evansville WY eh? Isn't that up by casper? My work has a branch up there and I work in the evanston area quite a bit.

Kind of a stretch but if youre ever take your max down to the northern Utah area send me a pm and ill get the vmax crew together for a ride!

You found a good forum lots of knowledge and good people

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back