Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi every one Iam new to this site and it looks great to just got mine a 1996 full power and I love her and think I will keep this one for a long long time a bloke had her in his garden for a hole winter when I went to pick her up the grass was up to the bars it broke my heart to see such a tool just left like she was so with 10000 on her and a new bat she was mine happy riding jim.

^ Welcome to the VMF Jim.
If you take the time to search through the Info on this Site, you should find everything you need to get and keep that V-Max running well. :)

I everyone, i'm new on this Forum. I live in Quebec and i have purchased a 2004 Vmax one month ago. The forum looks great and i hope to find all my question about my Vmax here. I don't have my license yet, i pass my exam next Tuesday. I also research an OEM backrest for my bike. I know that is discontinued at the company but i hope to find one in good shape on the forum.

Maxim

At least the bike is in excellent condition visually and the mechanical stuff isn't too too bad! Shame on the seller!!! Good luck!!!!

Hi guys, new to the forum and to VMax ownership. I purchased a 2006 with 1600 miles on the clock about a month ago. My only regret is that I didn't purchase one sooner as it seems to be the perfect bike for someone who can't appreciate laying on the tank any longer but still likes a powerful bike!

Joe

Yeah I asked for the story and the gentleman told me it was purchased in 2006 during a mid life crisis. Driven for one summer and then "put away". I just happened to be in the right place at the right time to scoop it :)

Joe

Hi All, New member here.great forum Bought my first vmax 1998 7000 miles down here in south Florida suffering from a overdose of Corrosion.
so i have been doing a lot of reading . Cly 2,3 rich .not idling good.
I bought a set of COP. from 88vmx12 a real nice set.took the carbs apart adjusted the floats, cleaned the jets sync carbs really helped . adjusted the Air/Fuel Mixture Screws . now it idles at 1000 rpm twist it up to 1200 then it jumps to 2-3000. could be a vacuum leak .not having much luck finding a adapter for my compression gauge. just need to get it running good.
then i can by all these good parts to get it looking good.

Go see Steve a at Under Pressure in Dania Beach. You can see his shop from southbound on I 95 as you cross I 595 & are alongside the FLL airport runway. He has lots of experience w/VMaxes & also has a machine shop he works w/for repairs & fabrication.
Under Pressure
2144 SW 38th St, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
954-792-0442 M-F

You can use the advanced search function for the shop name & my screen name to see pics of his VMax work. Honest & reasonable.

Hi All, New member here.great forum Bought my first vmax 1998 7000 miles down here in south Florida suffering from a overdose of Corrosion.
so i have been doing a lot of reading . Cly 2,3 rich .not idling good.
I bought a set of COP. from 88vmx12 a real nice set.took the carbs apart adjusted the floats, cleaned the jets sync carbs really helped . adjusted the Air/Fuel Mixture Screws . now it idles at 1000 rpm twist it up to 1200 then it jumps to 2-3000. could be a vacuum leak .not having much luck finding a adapter for my compression gauge. just need to get it running good.
then i can by all these good parts to get it looking good.

Hello All,

I finally pulled the trigger and bought a 1st gen V Max. I first rode one in 1989 and loved it then but never seemed to get things right to buy one for myself.
I am the owner of a 2001 Carbon Fiber edition.

Looking foward to many miles on her.

Ray

Welcome to the madness Ray!.........Your story mirrors a lot of us here about finally getting a Max later on in life, have fun and hang on!..........:punk:...........Tom.

394761_2352139244955_336836904_n.jpg

402696_2641051547582_1359596535_n.jpg

462147_2941349214836_444414095_o.jpg

291538_3529594120591_1077380173_o.jpg

hi, i'm gazza from Durham in the UK, been riding Vmaxes some time now, used as shown above as sidecar tug and am currently using bike as solo, bike is an '89 with some mod's, nearly all billet work by my own hands, rearsets and yokes etc, look forward to getting to know you all

Back