Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[FONT="<font><font>Comic Sans MS</font></font>"]Hello , my name is Dimitar and I'm from Bulgaria . I own V-max - 1999 Carbon seven years - the Canadian version. I am pleased to join in your community[/FONT]

Hey all, Just signed up today. Got a 2009 VMAX last Wednesday, put a couple hundred miles on it so far, but it's snowing here at 10000 feet today.

Going from a Virago to a VMAX is huge, I like it.

Welcome Tommyknocker and say Hi to Kenny and Cartman.:rofl_200:

Uh, yeah, I see tourons sticking their faces in a cut out of South park Characters in front of a T shirt shop on Main Street. I barely know which character is which because I don't watch adult cartoons for long. :confused2: But yes it is that South Park.:th_peace:

Hi guys, I'm finally a new owner of a Vmax. I am new to motorcycles with only about a year and a half of riding. This is my tenth motorcycle during that time and this Vmax is a replacement for my FZ1 which I found to be fast but too light at high speeds. Squirrelly is how I would describe the FZ1. So I bought this 20th anniversary limited edition vmax and boy am I happy to be a new Vmax owner. I joined to network with others so I may be able to ride with other camas owners and learn how to repair and work on my max. Anyway, Hi to all out there.
PS, I also own a Goldwing F6B as my daily ride.
Erik

Hi, my name is Shawn and I'm coming back after an extended absence. I used to have an '85. Had it for 22 years and 127,000 miles but sold it last summer.

I just bought a 2003 and have a question.

In the manual packet the seller gave me, was a manual for the new Vmax and this do-dad.

Does this come with the new bike, or is it some aftermarket thing?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20160319_174615 (1000x709) (639x453).jpg
    20160319_174615 (1000x709) (639x453).jpg
    76 KB · Views: 17
  • 20160319_174655 (1000x563) (639x360).jpg
    20160319_174655 (1000x563) (639x360).jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 17
Welcome back Shawn!...........I have no idea what that lock type device is, but I'm curious....................Tom.

I looked it up on Partshark 2014 Vmax

It's called
Holder, Socket
2S3-8255H-01-00

It is just a floating item on the Electrical 2 page, giving no clue to its function.

EDIT: Further reading says it has something to do with the keys.

Anybody with a new Vmax have any insight?

Last edited:
Hi guys, I'm finally a new owner of a Vmax. I am new to motorcycles with only about a year and a half of riding. This is my tenth motorcycle during that time and this Vmax is a replacement for my FZ1 which I found to be fast but too light at high speeds. Squirrelly is how I would describe the FZ1. So I bought this 20th anniversary limited edition vmax and boy am I happy to be a new Vmax owner. I joined to network with others so I may be able to ride with other camas owners and learn how to repair and work on my max. Anyway, Hi to all out there.
PS, I also own a Goldwing F6B as my daily ride.
Erik
Welcome. I can't imagine you'll find the Vmax more stable at speed than the fz1 (I've had both for 10k miles each), but you will have fun with it. What other bikes did you have? That's a lot in such a short time.

trampie

Hi all, just joined site seems good, getting 1996 full power vmax next couple of weeks.
love these bikes av had one before.
sure I,ll find lots of useful info.

Welcome trampie, about time we get someone from the isle of man, I go to the Isle of Skye all the time and have a house in Morar.

Back