Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello all, I am a newly proud owner of a 06 v max all stock 4000 miles. I got it 2 days ago from the original owner(for a super deal:eusa_dance:). I just stepped off a highly modified 03 r1. (for Sale) anyway I getting older the wife won't ride on the r1:bang head: but I not ready to go full bagger yet. I think the max is going to be a lot of fun.:clapping:

thanks for hearing me
Bryce

Bryce Rocket Cycles
3145 Coffey Ln
Santa Rosa CA 95403

Attachments

• my 2006 V-Max.jpg
    my 2006 V-Max.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 22
  • my 2003 R1.jpg
    my 2003 R1.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Hello all, I am a newly proud owner of a 06 v max all stock 4000 miles. I got it 2 days ago from the original owner(4gs super deal:eusa_dance:). I just stepped off a highly modified 03 r1. (for Sale) anyway I getting older the wife won't ride on the r1:bang head: but I not ready to go full bagger yet. I think the max is going to be a lot of fun.:clapping:

thanks for hearing me
Bryce

Bryce Rocket Cycles
3145 Coffey Ln
Santa Rosa CA 95403

That is a screaming deal!!!!

Welcome aboard....You'll like it here....:clapping:

proud new owner of a 85 vmax. has 19,400 km picked it up for $1500 CAD bike is complete minus exhaust
have to ivanized FZ1's( '01 & "07)
looking forward to this project

proud new owner of a 85 vmax. has 19,400 km picked it up for $1500 CAD bike is complete minus exhaust
have to ivanized FZ1's( '01 & "07)
looking forward to this project

awesome price man.. congrads and welcome!

Hello,
Proud owner of an 89 vmax I purchased in march. I am from Wichita Ks. Just found the site and it seems very helpful!!

I'm not sure I ever introduced myself. Way back a long time ago, I was Banditmax on another vmax board (2000 or so)
I've been perusing this site off and on for the last few years. I finally bought another Vmax after years of looking for the right one. Naturally, the first thing I did was start ordering stuff to make it the way I wanted it to be.

I've had somewhere around 35 bikes in my motorcycling career and have somewhere around 300,000 miles ridden in my 22 years riding street.

My bike is currently a 2002 Vmax (was carbon) and my father in law and I rebuild older british and jap bikes (so far 2 bonnies, a triumph chopper, a 53 Matchless, and we just finished 2 305 scramblers)

My riding time has been cut to a few 1000 miles a year after my daughter was born and frankly, while I do miss taking off every weekend, I'm happy to stay home and go for walks or play on the floor with her.

Hello,
Proud owner of an 89 vmax I purchased in march. I am from Wichita Ks. Just found the site and it seems very helpful!!

Welcome to the forum! :cheers: Lucky you, you are probably only 20 minutes away from Sean :punk:

Welcome to the forum! :cheers: Lucky you, you are probably only 20 minutes away from Sean :punk:

Thanks! Yes I read some of his post and am pretty excited about that! I am wanting to do the Hyabusa brake upgrade soon so I will probably be hitting him up shortly about it.

we've got one at the house you can try (until I deliver the bike back which may be very soon if it will ever quit raining). I think I have a set of calipers, rotors, and of course the adapters on hand. I've even got a set of 4 piston tokico's on hand with adapters for a simpler conversion (no rotors needed).

Sean

Thanks! Yes I read some of his post and am pretty excited about that! I am wanting to do the Hyabusa brake upgrade soon so I will probably be hitting him up shortly about it.

We need to see a bigger picture of your bike too! Looks like some nice paint on it.

That is the best pic i have right now of the paint. The guy I bought it from had it painted by truekustom out of denver co. I will take more pictures as soon as I get the chance. As for the brakes I said soon but I have to wait until I get back from my deployment with the air force sometime in sept. I believe. But I am plaining on going to Bikes Blues and Bar B Q in Arkansas at the end of sept and really need them for that as both front and back rotors are warpped and need replacing.

Looks like you may have got that from one of the families I know in the Great Bend area. Pat and Denise. Sound right?

Sean

Yes that is right I bought it from Pat...seems like he took pretty good care of it. I plan on blacking out everything thats chrome I think that will make it a little bit meaner.

did he tell you he had to replace the engine? He actually picked up one from me but it had some trans issues so I got it back from him. He was going to rebuild it last I knew. He sold his and got an FZ1. I think it actually may be Denises bike you got which had an old hindle on it with custom muffler. They had put on FJR wheels too. Her paint was sold to a couple in nebraska I think (kelly). Same scheme but in pink.

I've probably got pics of both bikes before the paint stuff.

Sean

He told me he rebuilt the engine put new piston rings and all kinds of stuff I don't know a lot about rebuilding engines so some of the stuff he told me was chineese he said he also rebuilt most of the transmission too. I had seen pictures of his old paint and he showed me Denise's paint when I was up there it was pretty nice as well.

Hi,
My name is Johnny Hart, this is my first post. a couple weeks ago i got a 2002 vmax with 1200 miles the bike was sitting for 5 years in a woodshed without being used the past owner was affraid of the bike. well i always have wanted one so i decided to buy it the price seemed right and it seemed that it was my fate to have it so i towed it home and spent the first day washing and polishing it, it was nasty the seat was moldy and the bike was really filthy the clearcoat on most of the aluminum had failed so it needed to be stripped and polished.
I have taken the bike totally apart since and compounded and polished and waxed every nook and cranny took off the carbs two of the slides were stuck and the throttle linkage was a little sticky cleaned the bowls out they didnt look bad got the slides working perfectly and the throttle linkage moving like lighting drained the old gas out of the tank changed the fuel filter the oil and the oil filter put in some fresh fuel with a little carb cleaner mixed in put in a new mega max sealed battery reinstalled the carbs and fired it up.it started right away, ran it for at least an hour but i could not get it to run with the choke off so i took them back off and sent them to Sean Morley to be boiled out and put back togeather with his muscle kit installed then i called Mark for his custom Exhaust all should be here by the middle of next week and i know it will run like a badassvmax then i am so friggin excited i cant even tell you.... i have changed the bars and the grips and the turn signals installed the ajustable v boost the cool switch and have placed and order for some really cool stuff from Exactrep so it is going to be fun to see how it all comes togeather over the next month.Any way i just wanted to say hello to all you vmax brothers and sisters VROOM VROOM VROOOOOOOM!
TCB
Johnny Hart

Bought my first road bike last month and it is a 2000 Vmax Carbon fiber look and it is a great bike and I look forward to learning all I can from each of you that know a whole lot more about them than I do. I will be asking for advice form time to time when it comes to maintenance and functions. Thanks and I look forward to many good rides on an extremely exciting bike.

Welcome on board guys,...good to see an few new faces to keep the hack from becoming old hack.
read through the forums , check out the tech pages ,..but beware the mod monkey ,..

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum but I've had my 'max since 1998.
My engine gave up and I'm currently replacing it. I hope to back on the road in a couple of weeks. While I'm at it, I'll be doing some cleanup on the bike (needs it after 20+ years), change the front forks for the newer style and possibly upgrade the brakes, so I might have some questions for you guys soon! I'll read through the forum a bit first though.

Pianne
Bruges, Belgium

Back