Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum but I've had my 'max since 1998.
My engine gave up and I'm currently replacing it. I hope to back on the road in a couple of weeks. While I'm at it, I'll be doing some cleanup on the bike (needs it after 20+ years), change the front forks for the newer style and possibly upgrade the brakes, so I might have some questions for you guys soon! I'll read through the forum a bit first though.

Pianne
Bruges, Belgium

welcome! i believe in 98 the forks are the newer 43mm style! Yea i just checked it was '93...

welcome! i believe in 98 the forks are the newer 43mm style! Yea i just checked it was '93...

Thanks for the welcome.

My bike's actually a 1988 model... I bought it used.

I've picked up a donor bike from 1996, so that one has the 43mm forks, I plan on putting those on my 88 and get some R1 calipers and a new m/c.
I need to do the engine first though; no need for stopping power when it won't go in the first place, eh!

Welcome to all the newcomers. Great to have you aboard. Keep us updated on any mods or problems.
Check out the tech pages and the other forums.
Pic's are appreciated,...love to see what others have done to make the bike THEIRS.
"keep it shiny side up" :punk:

As a new member I thought I drop in and say hello. Al ot of time and effort went into this site and I appreciate the opportunity to exchange ideas with fellow minded riders. I'm an old school guy that has built and shown everything from a 85 nitrous 900 ninja to a overpriced hog. I ride bikes not brands. My goal is to build a bike I can ride, drag, or show for under 10k. Anyone can buy a 35k bike but I want to show folks I different way. I found a 2002 (11k) with a lot usable goodies for $5300. I've spent about $500 on chrome, ufo seat and misc stuff. A full exhuast/carbs then nitrous will finish the project but for now I want to learn the bike and do all the little things.
I went with a "Black & decker exhaust - 1/2"drill 3/4 bit for now. With the t-boost on at 3000k the bike rocks. I've had more fun the last two weeks on my vmax than I did the last two years with my hog. I look forward to meeting everyone.

Thanks again
Yankee

Last edited:
As a new member I thought I drop in and say hello. Al ot of time and effort went into this site and I appreciate the opportunity to exchange ideas with fellow minded riders. I'm an old school guy that has built and shown everything from a 85 nitrous 900 ninja to a overpriced hog. I ride bikes not brands. My goal is to build a bike I can ride, drag, or show for under 10k. Anyone can buy a 35k bike but I want to show folks I different way. I found a 2002 (11k) with a lot usable goodies for $5300. I've spent about $500 on chrome, ufo seat and misc stuff. A full exhuast/carbs then nitrous will finish the project but for now I want to learn the bike and do all the little things.
I went with a "Black & decker exhaust - 1/2"drill 3/4 bit for now. With the t-boost on at 3000k the bike rocks. I've had more fun the last two weeks on my vmax than I did the last two years with my hog. I look forward to meeting everyone.

Thanks again
Yankee

Hi Yankee....welcome to the forum. There's some real knowledgeable v max folks that hang here, if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

As you know, I think your bike is sharp!!
danny

Thanks again
Yankee

That looks sharp!!!!

Welcome aboard....

Your modded stock exhaust looks really good...looks factory...

Nice job!!!:clapping:

G'day folks. My name is Noel. I live in Australia. I'm a 58 year old hoon. My bike is a 1988 Model. I've had it about 20 years. I've never found a bike I like better than my old bike, so I'll be keeping it. I have a motor home, and I put the Max on a trailer behind and the wife and I travel this great country of ours. We are currently in Victoria (far south eastern part of the country), and soon we are heading off to Adelaide, about 800 kilometers away. Then we are going to the Ulysses club AGM in Albany, Western Australia. That's about 4000k each way from here.

Noel

What's up guys, I just joined up. I don't have a v-max now. I currently ride an 07 ZX6r, but after a recent trip to northern Arkansas from Houston I decided I need a more comfortable bike if I'm going to keep doing long trips.

Here is a pic of my current bike

Attachments

• good pic.jpg
    good pic.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 11
A hoon is someone the cops don't like because they enjoy their bike too much.
You all must know at least one hoon. They're the blokes doing burnouts and wheelies and stuff like that. They usually have a big grin on their face.
Heh heh.

You all must know at least one hoon. They're the blokes doing burnouts and wheelies and stuff like that. They usually have a big grin on their face.
Heh heh.

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200: COPRUNNER!!! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

What's up guys, I just joined up. I don't have a v-max now. I currently ride an 07 ZX6r, but after a recent trip to northern Arkansas from Houston I decided I need a more comfortable bike if I'm going to keep doing long trips.

Here is a pic of my current bike

Welcome to the forum Intermision....nice looking ride!!

Heh heh.
Then dosen`t that make us ALL hoons ??:hmmm::party: :rofl_200::rofl_200::banana::banana:

Hi all ! My name is Kyle I live in Oldsmar Florida originally from Texas but stuck here now(sigh) I have a 85 & an 88 Model had a 99 to but sold it monday. I have had a Max for about the last 6 years & really enjoy them. I started out riding on a honda Z50 when I was 5 I like the max much better.LOL I have had a lot of bikes & will have many more but I will always have a Max.

Hello, just got my first V-Max. I had been wanting one sense 1998, after seeing it on the dealer floor while looking at a cheap Virago.

My bike, a 2000 all stock, 1900 miles on it, with the carbon fiber look. It also had Yamaha crash bars and back rest/rack on it. Both removed.

I have enjoyed the information on this site.

Back