Baby needs new shoes

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

odeley

Reaction score
My 97 V-Max needs new tires. I currently have Dunlop K491's front and rear. Yamaha recommends Dunlop F20/K525 Qualifers. So does Dunlop (duh). The service manager at the Yamaha dealer suggested Metzler ME 880's, he also said that there are not many choices for the V-Max tire combination
uhm00000.gif
Any suggestions or experiences?

My 97 V-Max needs new tires. I currently have Dunlop K491's front and rear. Yamaha recommends Dunlop F20/K525 Qualifers. So does Dunlop (duh). The service manager at the Yamaha dealer suggested Metzler ME 880's, he also said that there are not many choices for the V-Max tire combination
uhm00000.gif

Metzlers all the way...

I prefer the metz most of the time. Last longer then most. Either stock sizing or 170/80 for the rear.

Sean

uhm00000.gif

There are many tire combinations atleast 4 different brands
Can you please tell us your riding habits
Do you ride all year round rain shine
Do you take long road trips
Do you ride hard on twisties
Do you street race
ETC list goes on and on

I went from original Bridgestones.
I put a Dunlop on the front at 10k. Have 11k on it now and it's starting to feather a little.
I got 20k out of the back Bridgestone. I now have a ME880 on the back and absolutely love it! Baby goes into the turns easier. Will be putting a Metzler on the front soon, probably end of summer.

Back