Backrest/Luggage Rack

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The brackets I made are specific to the backrest I had on hand, which is from a '94-'03 Honda Magna. I really wouldn't want to sell just the brackets, since they are so time-consuming to make and I couldn't justify the price. I really want to sell them in conjunction with the rack, or later on, with backrests which I want to eventually make. I have updated my website with a pic of the rack mounted to my VMax, and current, accurate, pricing for the rack/bracket combo.
http://www.cycle-istic.com/Misc.html

Last edited:
I just ordered one of these, super friendly guy to deal with! I'll post pics once I get it installed.

Saw the thread awhile ago, just re-read it & copied all the pertinent info. I like the Renntec version but for my needs I like the flat surface instead of the renntec 'ducktail' rack. For one thing, it makes mounting a tail trunk much easier when the rack is flat.

I also heeded Sean's advice to swap the entire rear fender/grabrails/taillight & turnsignals ass'y. (and luggage rack/sissy bar, if you have it). That looks like the easy method to swap the entire ass'y. quickly with a minimum of screws & electrical connections. Looks to be about 10-15 minutes to accomplish. I still need to find some grabrails and the misc. brackets for them, including the underfender bracket, the and the small brackets for the rear reflector area. I have a fender. Come to think of it, I would need a light & brackets too. Then it would be 5 nuts/bolts & the plug-in electrical connectors to remove/replace.

I just took-off my stock sissy bar & grabrails, stock luggage rack brackets, my stock flyscreen, handlebar clamp, handlebar riser, front turnsignal/speedo mount, complete triple trees, & misc. small brackets to drop tomorrow at the powdercoater's. Everything is going to match my side scoops which they recently did for me in silver metallic & clearcoat.

Here it i with my 2-gallon aux fuel tank mounted on the rack. This gives me fuel range approaching that of Gold Wings, Ventures, etc.

Attachments

• SideView.JPG
    SideView.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 66
  • CloseUp.JPG
    CloseUp.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 66
Cycle-istiC will be closed the first 2 weeks of July, while we take our vacation ride to Glacier Park. However, you may still order parts by going to http://www.v4market.com or calling Brian at V4Market at (203)731-1837. He has inventory on hand and usually ships next day. If he happens to run out of the item you need, you may still place an order, and we will drop-ship upon our return.

I was looking for a newer thread, but I had a search fail so I'll put this here.

If i purchase the rack and brackets can i just bolt on any Magna backrest? I'm fairly certain I can find one of those a bit more easily than one of the Vmax ones.

Yes, in fact I'm in the process of finding a supplier for backrest pads, which I can then supply with the sissy bar which I will be making. It will be a direct replacement for the Magna backrest, made from polished stainless. I also have on hand one good used Magna backrest, used as my template, which I can sell with the rack & mounting brackets as a full set if you're interested.

You can e-mail me from my website, or it also lists my toll-free number.
http://www.cycle-istic.com

Cool. I'm trying to iron out whether I'll be using a topcase or a sissy bar as the backrest. It mostly depends on my wife's comfortable recline angel on the back. She likes to sit up pretty straight usually.

Good to hear. I'd have to check on the angle of a vtx backrest for comparison. That one was a bit too much for her.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

i order the luggage rack, now i like to find a backrest that is half as tall as the Honda magna , thanks

FYI, the Magna backrest can be lowered about 2 inches, by drilling new holes in the uprights, with the top hole just clear of the lower bend in the upright.

Latest posts

Back