Bah.. 170's attempt install

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghostntheshell

Reaction score
So I tried to get my 170's installed today.

I had called for a price last week.

120 cash. Front and back, installed on bike. When I asked how long he needed, he advised he would have me in and out, no problems. Set up a time to have it in.

1.) I am coming off nights - so I got 3 hours of sleep. Woke up to drive the tires to the shop.

2.) Ask how long he needs. He tells me an hour and a half. It's 10am. I say great! I'll go grab a bite to eat after I bring the bike in. He continues to say "yep, an hour and half. How about you pick up the bike at 2pm?" Which is FOUR HOURS.

3.) Drive car home, get bike out of garage (waking up sleeping girl friend AND land lord in the process)

4.) Drive bike to shop. Shop tells me that the price and time is no longer. He will have to shimmy a washer for the 170.

5.) I have to be at work AGAIN at 3pm. I tell him forget it. I will take the tires off myself and bring them to him later.

frustrated!

I needed this done today as a bunch of us local vmax guys are getting together on the weekend to install some goodies and tune the maxes.

BAH! I suppose this is a vent thread. Sorry if it's misplaced.

Take the wheels and tires to the local tire store. Tell them it's for a custom buggy project. They can use a regular rim clamp machine to install. Don't bother balancing them. Shouldn't take all that long. I just had a set put on with a shop that I use and time to mount/balance was about an hour but we redid the rear tire a couple of times to get a better balance weight (note that most of my personal tires never get balanced).

Sean

Take the wheels and tires to the local tire store. Tell them it's for a custom buggy project. They can use a regular rim clamp machine to install. Don't bother balancing them. Shouldn't take all that long. I just had a set put on with a shop that I use and time to mount/balance was about an hour but we redid the rear tire a couple of times to get a better balance weight (note that most of my personal tires never get balanced).

Sean

Well mr Sean :biglaugh:

Im always balancing staticly and dymamicly my rims in the tyre shop,
theres a BIG difrence then unbalanced.

i always get my balanced but most the time the guys say (multiple places) its not really needed its so small. must be that vmax rims are so f'ing heavy it takes away any inconsistencies in the tires.

My Carrs aren't balanced but I HAD to balance the front on my SV as I had a messed up vibe that made my vision blurry... lol Balanced front and BAM! Gone!

The fronts are about the only thing I might go out of my way to balance. Rears don't last long enough to bother with!

Sean

Well, I worked out rides and such and I left the bike at the shop overnight.

Hopefully it's done by tomorrow.

Back