Bellichik's fly-by greeting of Carolina coach after losing

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
Patriots lose at home to Panthers, 33-30. After the Panthers' end of game field goal to win, Bill ran across the field and it didn't look like a very cordial greeting to the Carolina coach. It looked like Bellichik ran by & didn't have the grace to congratulate, or even look at the winning coach. I didn't see Bellichik extend his hand to the winning coach in the middle of the field.

Show some class Bill. You've been fortunate in the last few years but when you lose, lose with grace.

Everything about that shitty team sucks.

Hmm sounds like you're a bitter Browns fan! :biglaugh: Looks like when the Pats traded for Cook, it came with last year Saints defense! Man, the Pats defense is bad!

Nope, Bills fan... We have to see Bellyache and Pretty Boy twice a year. We have them behind us after todays games - job now is to keep them there.

The Pat's need to fire their defensive coordinator, and relieve Bellichick of his GM duties and have him just coach. Right now I pick the Bills to take the AFC East. But, typically the Patriots figure it out by Thanksgiving. Go Pat's!

I wish they would let the browns and the Patriots switch divisions. Then the pats would play the steelers, ravens and bengals twice a year instead of the freaking jets, dolphins and bills haha. They win their division every year because there is no competition. It'd be great for the browns, too.

I second that motion!!! My poor Brownies cant catch a break with the rest of the division being sooooo much better, lol

Patriots lose at home to Panthers, 33-30. After the Panthers' end of game field goal to win, Bill ran across the field and it didn't look like a very cordial greeting to the Carolina coach. It looked like Bellichik ran by & didn't have the grace to congratulate, or even look at the winning coach. I didn't see Bellichik extend his hand to the winning coach in the middle of the field.

Show some class Bill. You've been fortunate in the last few years but when you lose, lose with grace.

This from a Dolphins fan...how's life in the cellar...? :biglaugh:

A fan supports his team even when they aren't setting themselves at the front. Sorry your guy Tommie is stumbling. Maybe he should eat some red meat. And their chance to beat The Perfect Season ended their first game of the season against Kansas City, sorry 'bout that, chief!

This from a Dolphins fan...how's life in the cellar...? :biglaugh:

A fan supports his team even when they aren't setting themselves at the front. Sorry your guy Tommie is stumbling. Maybe he should eat some red meat. And their chance to beat The Perfect Season ended their first game of the season against Kansas City, sorry 'bout that, chief! ��

Aw, I believe Tommy was leading the league coming into the Tampa game, in 3 of 4 QB categories. And without Edelman in the fold. His best go to receiver. Not a stellar O line either. We older fans knew what it was like to be cellar dwellers, and the Fins ruled the AFC East. Back when you couldn't give a game ticket away and Sullivan stadium was a ghost town. Maybe we're at the tail end of a great run, but the ride has been incredible here.

Aw, I believe Tommy was leading the league coming into the Tampa game, in 3 of 4 QB categories. And without Edelman in the fold. His best go to receiver. Not a stellar O line either. We older fans knew what it was like to be cellar dwellers, and the Fins ruled the AFC East. Back when you couldn't give a game ticket away and Sullivan stadium was a ghost town. Maybe we're at the tail end of a great run, but the ride has been incredible here.

I am with you Steve, I don't think Mr. Brady is at fault for the teams issues. I think they figure out how to make the best out what they have on the field hopefully in time to make the playoffs. I haven't watched a regular season game of any NFL team but have been keeping track of the scores/ standing. I'm silently cheering for the Steelers and Patriots while watching a lot more college football!

Yes, your U of Michigan-bred quarterback has done well for the team. But why did they choose to do things like steal signals, if they were so-dominant in play? "Everyone does it, we were just following orders" wasn't an accepted defense at Nuremberg either.

I have another concern besides the Patriots' prior unethical behavior, or their lack of good sportsmanship by their coach. Debating Brady's team and its merits leaves me feeling a bit deflated.

People should be complaining about the scam of public financing of large capacity sports venues by team owners. Residents and visitors are taxed for decades to fund the stadiums. If the team owner doesn't get their way, they threaten the team move plan. And once the stadium is built they may charge 'seat licenses' for the priviledge of buying season tickets. Then, to complete the Ben Dover financial rape, they charge $9 for a domestic beer! Food pricing is worse. https://www.statista.com/statistics/240015/price-of-a-beer-in-the-national-football-league-by-team/

Joe Robbie, the original Dolphins owner, financed his own stadium when they moved from the Orange Bowl. I saw the Dolphins play there, and of course, in their new facility, now brand-named "Hard Rock Stadium," because the Seminole Tribe of Florida bought the naming rights to promote another business interest.

Robbie sold suites of seats in greater number than had ever been tried before, it was a huge financial success, and it changed the business model for the teams. Unfortunately, the teams really haven't shared their income with the local regions where the large-capacity sports venues are located. They still threaten when they want a new facility, "We're moving to (fill-in the name, recently it's been L.A. or Las Vegas for NFL sites) if you don't fund costs for our new facility." Ask the Browns fans how they feel about Robert Irsay. Of course, there are other examples.

Once the local governments saddle their residents and visitors with decades of debt to fund the stadiums, then they give the players seven, eight, or even nine figure contracts. Granted, the handful of players at the top of the heap are few, but if the local resident is paying taxes and fees to fund the sports spectacles, then the players should be charged for the priviledge of earning such sums. Build it into their contracts.

Team owners claim huge benefits accrue to a region by the revenue flow generated by a pro sports team, but financial studies repeatedly have shown that the benefits do little to bolster the local economy. The majority of tickets are sold to locals, who would spend their discretionary income elsewhere in the region if not at the stadium.

Last edited:
Yep team owners need to get off the public dole, it is a form of ransom in some respects. Times sure have changed since 1989 in team ownership ethics.
Interesting to note that so far the owner of the Dolphins has kept the team in Miami. Also of note, Mr. Ross is a huge supporter of U of M (his alma mater) and even has the Business school named after him (Ross School of Business). He has donated $378 million to the university which is second all time in university donations.

Yes, Mr Ross seems to be doing a good job with his billion-dollar business in the NFL. However, when you mention "U of M" and you're in the Deep South, especially Florida, they probably think of a different educational institution: "The U."

I don't know if you saw the Miami-FSU game last week, but it sure was exciting! Watching the celebrating Seminole fans in Tallahassee's Doak Campbell Stadium gape in open-mouthed disbelief as Miami's Hurricanes scored a last-moment touchdown to win, and rub salt in the wound with an extra point was priceless. I have three U-M alumni in the family, the wife & the kids: engineering, math, and computer science grads.

Then this week they had another cliff-hanger against GA Tech, leaving them in first place in the ACC Coastal division, and they should rise a few spots in the college rankings with Clemson losing to Syracuse, LSU beating Auburn, and Washington State loses to Cal, all teams ahead of the University of Miami in the top 25, before today's games.

"It's all-about The U!"

Yep team owners need to get off the public dole, it is a form of ransom in some respects. Times sure have changed since 1989 in team ownership ethics.

Interesting to note that so far the owner of the Dolphins has kept the team in Miami. Also of note, Mr. Ross is a huge supporter of U of M (his alma mater) and even has the Business school named after him (Ross School of Business). He has donated $378 million to the university which is second all time in university donations.

I just watched the Patriots shut down the Falcons. Their defense that needed a new defensive coordinator allowed only 1 touchdown and over the hill Brady put up impressive numbers and points. Tonight may be the breakout game to their post season. The Pats made many mistakes and will improve.

Pats looked good against Atlanta. I expected more from Atlanta. Then again, I'm sure New England is full of fans who 'expected more from them,' speaking of the Pats against Carolina, whom the Dolphins play in November.

Yes, the Dolphins beat the Jets Sunday. And The U won on Saturday, beating Syracuse who beat Clemson the prior weekend, much to everyone's surprise. However, Miami is ranked behind Clemson in both the AP Poll & the Coaches' Poll. They are the lowest-ranked undefeated team in the two polls. Syracuse eas hoping to beat two top-ten teams for the first time in decades, going back to 1959 I think the announcer said. I think that was when Jim Brown was there.

Back