Best Brake Rotors for the Vmax?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gleno

Reaction score
What are the best Rotors for the Vmax (size, construction etc.). I'd like to hear from members who have non-standard brake rotor upgrades on standard forks either pre or post '93, it doesn't matter because I'd like to focus on the rotors. Does anyone run 320mm rotors? Good? Bad?

I run R1 rotors on my 88, which are larger than the stock ones, but the same size as the 93 and up. I don't know how much difference it made as I did other brake mods at the same time.

I run R1 rotors on my 88, which are larger than the stock ones, but the same size as the 93 and up. I don't know how much difference it made as I did other brake mods at the same time.
R1 rotors run from 298mm to 320mm so I assume yours are 298mm?

Hey buster. I just got back from the local motorcycle re-cyclers and I've selected a nice set of little used tokico triples of a late model kawasaki. I've ordered the R1 floating rotors at 298mm (new) to pair up with...and seeing its my birthday I bought myself these set of 17 inch UFO rims off ebay for $1100 Australian Dollars.

I already have the 17" fitted to the rear so now I have a spare.

Can't wait to mount the brake calipers and the Z6 to that new front rim.

Attachments

• P1020773.jpg
    P1020773.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 49
R1 rotors run from 298mm to 320mm so I assume yours are 298mm?

I'm not sure, I would have to go measure them, but the 298mm sound right.

Hey buster. I just got back from the local motorcycle re-cyclers and I've selected a nice set of little used tokico triples of a late model kawasaki. I've ordered the R1 floating rotors at 298mm (new) to pair up with...and seeing its my birthday I bought myself these set of 17 inch UFO rims off ebay for $1100 Australian Dollars.

I already have the 17" fitted to the rear so now I have a spare.

Can't wait to mount the brake calipers and the Z6 to that new front rim.

Wow, those are nice rims :drool:, and you got them for a good price. I'm still looking for a front 17 inch rim for my bike.

The smaller you can get away with and still have good braking the better off you are...

Less unsprung and rotational weight is always a plus...

I am running all Galfer wave rotors, EBC HH pads and Galfer lines on my 2006 and braking is great as well as they look great IMHO.:clapping:

The smaller you can get away with and still have good braking the better off you are...

Less unsprung and rotational weight is always a plus...

I am running all Galfer wave rotors, EBC HH pads and Galfer lines on my 2006 and braking is great as well as they look great IMHO.:clapping:

Unsprung weight.
Good point.
Wonder what the variance is between standard, the setup Ive selected and yours (given the rims are different.). I was pretty much focused on stopping the thing and hadn't considered the posible handling implications.
Can you post some pics of your setup in the garage?

Unsprung weight.
Good point.
Wonder what the variance is between standard, the setup Ive selected and yours (given the rims are different.). I was pretty much focused on stopping the thing and hadn't considered the posible handling implications.
Can you post some pics of your setup in the garage?

Doesn't seem to like me Glen... It sits there for 30 minutes loading the pics and ends up at a tan screen and it says done at the bottom left... I gave up!:bang head:

Back