Best Carb Sync Tool?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxcruiser

Reaction score
After 10 years, my Motion Pro mercury carb sync bit the dust. I left it outside over the winter and the four plastic tubes cracked badly.

So I need to get a new one and before I do, I thought I would ask which one is the best - mecury/tube style or other rod style, individual vaccum gauge style, or ?

Mike

I've had great luck with the Morgan Carbtune and the Morgan Carbtune Pro. I've looked into trying other gauges, including the DIY tools, but always come back to the Carbtune.

I'd like to know what others have found with different gauges, too.

How did it work? This looks kinda fun!

First off, keep in mind that I had the complete carb bank apart, cleaned and put back together, so it was way out of sync;

At first, it was a pain in the ass - the fluid would get sucked up too high in 1 or 2 tubes and create bubbles in the other tubes - so I did a "manual" sync first by setting each carb so that, on idle, it would not suck fuel from the needle jet (keep in mind I have stage 7 with air correctors - so I can run engine with no filters or airbox) when looking down the throat of carb. Once they were all ok - I than put "Frankensync" back on. This time none of the fluid ran too high causing bubbles - got them adjusted pretty easily and got them pretty close to each other - bike now runs great.

Pretty easy tool to make and does work good - but I do prefer a proper carb sync tool - Main thing is that it got me out of a pinch and got a few laughs for friends too.

Mike

Back