Best Duck Walker ever

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:biglaugh:
I've never seen one, but people have told me that Honda came up with an accessory for their Gold Wings - outrigger wheels that deploy at stops to keep the bike upright. Presumably intended for the more "senior" of the Wing enthusiasts. Anyone familiar with this modification? If so, when the time is right, should I adapt one for my bike, or just bite the bullet and buy a trike?

Rollie, would you be O.K. with training wheels on a Max:ummm::rofl_200:

One of my fellow firefighter retirees who has owned many bikes, XS1100, ZX10 (a used bike I test-drove that one for him prior to purchase, he counted the times I ran it to redline & told me how-many when I came back!), new Sportster, used Big Twin Evo, new TC88, just bought a new 103 ci. Harley trike. He's about 62-3 y.o., guess he just doesn't want to worry about holding it up, he's a bit short. He did tell another f.f. he wants to have a more-comfortable place for his wife, I would have recommended the living room couch. :biglaugh:

Better than training wheels:
Here is the ultimate 'accessory' for a bike. Well it isn't really an accessory, but it is an accessory use for a motorcycle engine. When you see the picture, you'll wonder if there is a cemetery filled with foolish people who tried to use this contraption!

Attachments

• 1950 Triumph helicoptor.doc
    135.5 KB · Views: 16
I've never seen one, but people have told me that Honda came up with an accessory for their Gold Wings - outrigger wheels that deploy at stops to keep the bike upright.

I just called a friend of mine, His dad has his wing setup with one. He had it installed a few months after his 80th birthday a couple of years ago. Here is where he said he got it.

http://trikealternatives.com/

:biglaugh:

a cemetery filled with foolish people who tried to use this contraption!

I would have run away at "Triumph powered"......

Even if it was in the most air-worthy(?...do they say that....like sea-worthy) chassis, powering it with an old-ass Triumph mill is surely asking for disaster. Vintage Triumph riders throw a party if they go for a ride and nobody had to get loaded into the chase pickup. Here, you just die instead.

No problem.

I think when I get to the age when I need a trike, I want to go with them VW kits they sold in the 70's :biglaugh:

A friend of mine had one back in the 90's. It was bad ass. good power, real comfortable, and handled ok for what it was. It always turned heads when he took it out.

I like the style of them.

Attachments

• 102404857cPkhoO_ph.jpg
    102404857cPkhoO_ph.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 14
  • My_first_VW_Trike_1300cc_Corsair_trike.jpg
    My_first_VW_Trike_1300cc_Corsair_trike.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 12
personally guys, i don't see the big deal in doing this. What gives with making fun of someone because they are stuck in traffic and obviously bored and choose to shuffle their feet along with the slow pace? It's obvious he don't need to be doing that to stay upright.

I'd a whole lot rather see him made fun of because he's on a hd than merely walking his shoes along with the slow pace. ????

Probably not a single person here that hasn't absent-minedly done it at times. I'll be the first to put my hand high and admit i've done it. Probably within the last few weeks. And i'll guarandoubledamtee you it had nothing to do with my riding ability, or lack thereof.

Just sayin [/:grin]
+2

That is kinda funny, to me it's a SURE sign of a rookie rider. I honestly DON'T ever do this. Although with my Fat tire on back I can stop at a stop sign and not even put my feet down at all ( at least for a few seconds) but seeing people duck walk IS funny and a true sign of inexperience to me at least. But no matter what anyone writes somebody HAS to take offense! Really guys? Lighten Up!!

No offense taken. On to the next topic.

Anyone have video of the goofy looking kids on a short bus we can rip on? :biglaugh:

I gotta agree with our SAPT representative here.....I bet everybody's "waddled" at some point. If traffic moves like 5ft, stops, moves 5ft, ect, I just drag my feet on the ground. So what?

Saying dragging your feet= noob is like saying if you don't keep both hands at the 10 and 2 position at all times when driving makes you a bad driver.

Here's a goofy looking short bus video to rip on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPNJjL9iznY

I'm waiting for the guys on top of the bus to get clotheslined by a powerline.

Back