Beyond grinding peg!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GREEN light BLITZ

Reaction score
:biglaugh: Had a Monday off and decided me and a buddy should go handle a short ride up a twisty chunk of road called Cajalco!

So I filled the bike with 110 octane Sunoco race fuel and away we went!My bike as torque bars on the frame and some low handle bars, but aside from that no handling mods.

Still managed to take off a layer of rubber on the toe of my boot dragging my peg through a long left.AND WHO SAYS THE MAX CANT HANDLE?!

Just wanted to share a highlight of my day with ya...

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 67
:biglaugh: Had a Monday off and decided me and a buddy should go handle a short ride up a twisty chunk of road called Cajalco!

So I filled the bike with 110 octane Sunoco race fuel and away we went!My bike as torque bars on the frame and some low handle bars, but aside from that no handling mods.

Still managed to take off a layer of rubber on the toe of my boot dragging my peg through a long left.AND WHO SAYS THE MAX CANT HANDLE?!

Just wanted to share a highlight of my day with ya...

The answer to that would be Harley riders .... :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::punk:

You realize that running any higher than 87 octane is REDUCING your power right?

My racing boots have wear pads on them that I've touched down a few times as well but not on the max.

Chris

Bike ran brilliantly on the stuff,I mostly run it for the smell. The race gas fumes soak into the mufflers and then for months my gas smells like the good stuff.

Ive heard all the typical bla bla bla about higher octane lossing power but even if it didnt do anything it "felt" like it did.It smells so DAMN GOOD THOUGH!

I pay about $5 a gallon when I pay for it but it was given to me as a birthday present from a buddy of mine that works at a fueling station.

Thats cool. They make flavorings for fuel. Smmit and Jegs sell them

How did a thread about scraping boots get turned into talking about ocatane ratings, fuel prices, and the smell or fuel????? Not that I care, it's just funny how some threads take off on tangents.

Have you tried putting the balls of your feet on the pegs? It will gain you some ground clearance.

How did a thread about scraping boots get turned into talking about ocatane ratings, fuel prices, and the smell or fuel????? Not that I care, it's just funny how some threads take off on tangents.

:hijacked::party:

Nothing new , feel free to join in . What oil do you use ? :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

HAHAHAA,YEAH OIL! No I dont put the ball of my foot on the peg.I tend to feel ackward when I do.I like having fast access to my shifter and brake.Its not at all proper form but I just feel more confident.

Thats one of the reasons I wanted rearsets but you know how it is...$$$$$$$$

HAHAHAA,YEAH OIL! No I dont put the ball of my foot on the peg.I tend to feel ackward when I do.I like having fast access to my shifter and brake.Its not at all proper form but I just feel more confident.

Thats one of the reasons I wanted rearsets but you know how it is...$$$$$$$$

You should try it for a while and see if you can make it a habit. It took me longer to get used to it on my Vmax than the sportbikes because I use the rear brake on the Vmax far more than I do the others. Now I drag pipes, pegs, engine cages etc before my feet come near the ground. Plus I feel I can move my body much easier on the balls of my feet.

Of course, actual mileage may vary.

I think I use the balls of my feet more because I came from a sport bike. It was the only way I could make a corner without grinding my feet. lol

Chris

My grinding peg is already scaring me lol
Grinded foot peg second time today on the ramp to the freeway... thats getting ridiculous

Is there a way to fix it??
Sorry to hijack your thread like that...

No Noo be my guest,Im not here to make it about me Im here to start good conversation! JACK AWAY!

I was thinking of putting a 1 inch lift on the peg itself.Anyone thought of this yet? Just the peg being a little higher than stock might help.

Back