Bicycle pegs into highway pegs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommygun4u

Reaction score
I was rummaging through my garage and thought I try and make some highway pegs for added comfort on long rides. I used the bicycle pegs, 5-1/2" grade 8 bolts and 18mm deep well socket. I removed the upper motor mount bolt from the motor mount on frame and it is replaced by the grade 8. Doesn't look too bad, I think. It's very strong. Not sure if I plan to keep them, time will tell but its easy to put it all back. Essentially just replacing 2 bolts. But it is a nice riding position!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 125
BMX stun-tah!

I don't like anything sticking-out that-far & rigidly-mounted. Underway, it narrows your opportunities for finding a space to duck-into in an emergency because of the increased width (a dichotomy, there?) And, around the garage, I can envision sore ankles from just walking-around your bike.

They are 1/2" shorter then the riders pegs. Just a temp thing till I can get real ones that fold. I love the riding position though.

I totally did this on my '82 seca 750 bobber project I used to have. I used some old bmx 2.5" od 3.5" long pegs bolted to the hole where the engine guard should have mounted. I thought it looked pretty cool and was comfy, plus they doubled as frame sliders.

Back