Big Brother and Progressive

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayhawk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suspect that should Progressive offer this for motorcycles, no one here will take advantage of it? :biglaugh::biglaugh:

MyRate is Progressive's new Pay As You Drive program: If you're a safe and/or occasional driver, you could pay less for car insurance ? a lot less!

How Does It Work?

Plug in the MyRate device.

When you enroll a vehicle in the MyRate, we'll send you a MyRate device that easily plugs into your car. Watch Video

Drive as you normally would.

The MyRate device wirelessly and securely sends information about when, how much and how you drive your car to help determine your rate at renewal.

Link here

You can already be tracked by your cell phone. Big Brother is and has been watching for years. I'm lucky, in a way, that I live in a rural area that cell service sucks. Quite a few of the places that I ride has no coverage therefore I am "off the grid".
Maybe "they" could find me with satelites if it wasn't for all the cloud cover we've had this summer. :biglaugh:

you could just turn ur phone off/take the battery out.

Can you feel the noose tightening?? :bang head:

Yes, privacy is a thing of the past, for most. Here are a few examples from Google:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009...zmos/main4774320.shtml?tag=topHome;topStories

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2009/jan/25/google-drive-gdrive-internet

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/10/technology/10iht-10grid.20066587.html?_r=1

Yes, there is cell phone tracking. Yes there is internet usage tracking.

Both Microsoft and Google agree that in a number of years, computers (software) will be smart enough to do things for you, like know what you want to do on the internet and do it for you, etc.

Yahoo and GMail, which are free, collect, analyze, aggregate, and use the information you provide them. Few email systems or messages are private.

Social networking web sites also collect and use your information.

Sites you order products and services from collect and store your information.

Everyone is out for the dollar and will violate your privacy and trust to make a dollar.

Surveys, grocery store discount cards, gas cards, credit cards... The idea is to make you think you are getting a discount. Sure, you may get $5 bucks off here and there but companies know that it is better to lose $5 bucks to a discount card so that they collect your buying habits, which will result in them making more than $5 bucks off of you later. What a great idea! Let's tie a bunch of grocery and gas purchases (purchase history) to a customer, who voluntarily provided a bunch of personally identifying details!

If any of this is unnerving, now think about your kids. How much do they know and what information are they giving away?

Yes, privacy is a thing of the past, for most. Here are a few examples from Google:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009...zmos/main4774320.shtml?tag=topHome;topStories

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2009/jan/25/google-drive-gdrive-internet

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/10/technology/10iht-10grid.20066587.html?_r=1

Yes, there is cell phone tracking. Yes there is internet usage tracking.

Both Microsoft and Google agree that in a number of years, computers (software) will be smart enough to do things for you, like know what you want to do on the internet and do it for you, etc.

Yahoo and GMail, which are free, collect, analyze, aggregate, and use the information you provide them. Few email systems or messages are private.

Social networking web sites also collect and use your information.

Sites you order products and services from collect and store your information.

Everyone is out for the dollar and will violate your privacy and trust to make a dollar.

Surveys, grocery store discount cards, gas cards, credit cards... The idea is to make you think you are getting a discount. Sure, you may get $5 bucks off here and there but companies know that it is better to lose $5 bucks to a discount card so that they collect your buying habits, which will result in them making more than $5 bucks off of you later. What a great idea! Let's tie a bunch of grocery and gas purchases (purchase history) to a customer, who voluntarily provided a bunch of personally identifying details!

If any of this is unnerving, now think about your kids. How much do they know and what information are they giving away?

Agghhhh!!! I can't breathe!!

I'm the guy who took the batteries out of my cell phones and threw them in the dump, cut up all credit cards, only deal in cash, phone, house, taxes...all in wifey's name!!

Do I really think I'm off the grid......Shiiiit NO!! But it soothed the ol' 'noia for a few minutes anyhow!! :punk:

So say they track you and all that....they can figure out how fast you go since they are tracking. I doubt that would look really good especially for me cuz the person I ride with is on a Hayabusa hehe :) I'm sure my insurance would be higher than what it is now!

It's only a matter of time 'til every baby's implanted with a credit chip at birth..

Well, don't they take umbilical cord blood from babies? Where does it go? Who stores it? What are the rules for its usage? That's a baby's DNA fingerprint...

Well, don't they take umbilical cord blood from babies? Where does it go? Who stores it? What are the rules for its usage? That's a baby's DNA fingerprint...

Actually my ex hubby did that kind of stuff! They run the blood to the lab where they check for the blood type and to make sure all of the counts are ok and nothing is wrong. Then it all goes in the waste. Unless there's a sicko out there, it's all disposed of and mixed w/ everybody elses.

I suspect that should Progressive offer this for motorcycles, no one here will take advantage of it? :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Link here
I would not be suprised( but very pissed off) if all insurance companies demand it for bikers just look at all the kids being killed on sport bikes
the numbers are growing and they keep building them faster and faster.
Yes anything for a quick buck, How `bout your life ?? It`s not funny but it`s true.( they`re dead but a sale has been made and thats good enough for them ).
<<David>>:punk:

I would not be suprised( but very pissed off) if all insurance companies demand it for bikers just look at all the kids being killed on sport bikes
the numbers are growing and they keep building them faster and faster.
Yes anything for a quick buck, How `bout your life ?? It`s not funny but it`s true.( they`re dead but a sale has been made and thats good enough for them ).
<<David>>:punk:
No it's not funny for sure, but if we let the goverment do that to motorcycles/ cars, what's next? Where does this all this govement control end? I know I don't want to get my two wheel fix on a goverment made motorcycle! The owners of these fast bikes/ cars need to take the responsibility for their actions.

No it's not funny for sure, but if we let the goverment do that to motorcycles/ cars, what's next? Where does this all this govement control end? I know I don't want to get my two wheel fix on a goverment made motorcycle! The owners of these fast bikes/ cars need to take the responsibility for their actions.
Yeah I know but you and I know that the government does what it wants to do.
I don`t ever want to see that happen especially to us `cause if it does, then we may as well sell our max`s and go buy big fat harleys LOL.
I think that they are slow enough for big brother and the insurance companies to not bother with LOL>:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:
<<Dave>>:punk:

It's not just the government that are invading privacy. You'll see an increasing trend toward data mining and data aggregation by retailers and this trend will only grow exponentially.

Latest posts

Back