Bigger fuel tank?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yellowandfast

Reaction score
Anybody have anyinfo on a bigger fuel tank for the gen 1?

Pictures and a source would be great!

Thanks much!

Talk to Sean Morley. He can extend your swingarm which will give you room to modify your tank to hold an additional gallon of fuel.

There are some companies that sell a replacement tank but the cost of the tank is about the same as the swingarm and tank mods.

You could also rig up an auxillary tank. I'm not aware of an off the shelf solution but its been done. If you look in the member's photo section, Miles Long might have some pics of his setup.

I would definitely consider the extended swingarm and get an expanded fuel tank. Also, another option for added fuel is an auxillary tank which replaces the airbox cover. That would be the route I would want to take, myself, where as I want my luggage rack available for luggage lol

Anybody have pictures of the swinger and other tank?

Im having a hard time picturing the setup.

Whats the cost for those parts?

The tank extends back towards the tire in the space created by the swingarm extension.

Posted with my thumbs.

Anybody have pictures of the swinger and other tank?

Im having a hard time picturing the setup.

Whats the cost for those parts?

Check my album. There are some pics of the bike in the grass. I've got a +3" swing arm and expanded fuel tank in those photos.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

We have a few members on here with our swingarm and tank mod. So, for about the same pricing you can have the benefit of both! The morleys muscle facebook site has a ton of pics too. Here's my bike with the arm and tank (and other goodies).

Attachments

• IMG_0223.jpg
    IMG_0223.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 94
  • 3 over arm - 5 gallon tank - ZRX shocks 2.jpg
    3 over arm - 5 gallon tank - ZRX shocks 2.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 88
  • Extended Fuel Tank Side.jpg
    Extended Fuel Tank Side.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 93
Hey Sean do you have the arms and extended tanks in stock? And What do
You charge for them?

Shot out the email with pricing. These are made to order though i have one someone else built that i havent put up for sale yet. We are looking around 2 months and maybe longer to get one for you. Working a batch of +6" arms right now.

I'm ordering one of these for my birthday next week. I like everything about it. Why just figure out how to carry more fuel that cost a fortune? why not use less? Better mileage, lower cruising RPM, Easy, anyone tried one? I think I might need a heavier clutch to go with it though
.http://rmsportmax.com/gateway.html RS-MAX Rear End Gear Exchange

Matt

I'm ordering one of these for my birthday next week. I like everything about it. Why just figure out how to carry more fuel that cost a fortune? why not use less? Better mileage, lower cruising RPM, Easy, anyone tried one? I think I might need a heavier clutch to go with it though
.http://rmsportmax.com/gateway.html RS-MAX Rear End Gear Exchange

Matt
Same as a Venture final drive, lots of guys have them but there's usually no appreciable increase in gas mileage from what I understand. They do lower the rpm at highway speeds though.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

With a little help from Sean I extended my own swingarm but it's a custom job because I built in clearance for my nitrous bottle between the tire and the gas tank, I'm planning on building a auxiliary tank to install for street riding when I don't usually have the nitrous bottle installed. I already drilled and tapped my drain bolt and that's where I take the fuel for the nitrous system but I also included a quick drain into it because I use 110 octane race gas when I spray but got tired of wasting expensive fuel. I'm going to use the drain as a crossover and keep the aux tank the same height as the stock one and just install a vent and it should fill and drain right with the factory tank. When I want to spray simply drain fuel (which I do anyway) and shut off the drain and remove the auxiliary tank and reinstall the nitrous bottle :) I'm thinking I can build the auxiliary tank to hold another gallon fairly easily.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

We debated making the rear seat into a fuel tank at one point. I know there was one avaiable like this over seas years ago and might be still available? Was even going to take a second muffler on a kerker system and turn it into a fuel tank though looking like a functional muffler.

Back