Bike was Knocked Over

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick78

Reaction score
Well I rode my bike to work on Friday and some idiot pulling into our parking lot hit my bike and knocked it over. Apparently he was pulling into the space my bike was in only to back into the space across from him. He pulled into my space without realizing my bike was there and just nudged it. But then as he was trying to back away from the bike his bumper hooked the radiator and pulled the bike forward enough for the kick stand to calapse back and it felt over.
So my clutch lever is curled up and my shifter is bent. I'll find a replacement lever online since I have the FJR master, but does anyone have an extra shifter assembly they are willing to part with?

PM me.

One of my worst fears. A fellow Airman's bike was knocked over by an idiot driver while we were doing work on Ent AFB many years ago. We sent him to sick call with multiple contusions and bruises...:bang head:

Damn, that sucks!

I just gave away my original shift lever assembly a couple of weeks ago or I would help you......

That happen to me in Feb, turned into a 1900 check from the guys insurance

Damn.... remind me not to bend your shift lever..... yeeesh :biglaugh:
That happen to me in Feb, turned into a 1900 check from the guys insurance

All joking aside, that sucks ass man. I had to replace mine as well..... and a few other parts :whistlin: - A forum member did hook me up with a beautiful shifter though! :clapping: Thanks Mike!:punk:

Yeah it does suck. I'm watching one on Ebay that ends later today. Hopefully I get it since its the only one on all of Ebay!!

HEY... BRIGHT SIDE ALERT!!! At least he had the balls to tell you. I HATE finding things that people won't own up to.

My wife left a nasty note on some a-holes car for parking so close to her when she had parked out as far as possible at Target just for that reason. lol I love my wife...

Sounds like you got off pretty easy. Glad to hear it.

Chris

Well I don't think he had much of a choice. Someone from our office was out there when it happened so he was caught red handed. However he still was coming to our office to pick up a check anyways, so even if no one saw him, I don't think he'd have much of a chance to get away with it.

My wife left a nasty note on some a-holes car for parking so close to her when she had parked out as far as possible at Target just for that reason. lol I love my wife...

Chris

A hand full of vaseline on all the mirrors and glass comes in handy on these occasions, get's the message across without doing any lasting damage, which I would never do............

I had to go out to the garage and check. I thought Rusty may have sent me a shifter that I missed in the box but there wasn't one. All the shift linkage parts went somewhere else...

I didn't win the one on Ebay which sucks. So I'll have to wait around for another one to show up on there.

Contact CaptainKyle here on the forum. He's parted a few bikes out and may still have what you need...

Back