Bike wheel chocks

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88vmx12

Reaction score
Ok guys I am looking for a front wheel chock to put in the back of my truck. I am heading to get my bike from Sean in Kansas and would like a wheel chock. My last truck I hauled my bike with the front tire against the front of the bed and ruined my bed and the back of the cab. So I am looking for a wheel chock , if it is removable that is even better. Sean has some Pingle ones he uses in his trailer and I like them alot. I want some of you guys imput on the situation and what you have used. The more bang for the buck the better... Thanks G

I have had a Pingel but now have a Moose Racing:
https://www.denniskirk.com/moose/replacement-lock-chocks-and-security-pins.p515895.prd/515896.sku

Be sure to check out the T-plate mount.

I have not yet done this, but I always thought that if you used either a piece of plywood or maybe AL diamondplate cut to the width of the truck bed, you could just lay it in place w/the chock mounting plate bolted to it & just remove it when you were done, preserving the floor of the bed, & especially good for bedliner trucks.

This is all I've ever used and never had any issue. This one is bolted to the front of the trailer but a free standing one works just as well, just gusset with plywood. Cut a couple peices of carpet material or similar for the surfaces that are in contact with the truck bed.

A Canyon Dancer is handy for keeping the front stable or good quality tethers.

Attachments

• 100_2543.jpg
    100_2543.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 17
This is all I've ever used and never had any issue. This one is bolted to the front of the trailer but a free standing one works just as well, just gusset with plywood. Cut a couple peices of carpet material or similar for the surfaces that are in contact with the truck bed.

A Canyon Dancer is handy for keeping the front stable or good quality tethers.

Very inventive! :clapping:

As far as my truck I dont use any thing in it. It was desingned to be a truck & thats what I use it for. I dont give a crap what the inside of the bed looks like thats why I bought it is to haul crap around but thats just me.

Got this one a few years back at a bike show. Expensive at the time , but has never failed its intention of holding the bike up by itself , portable for truck or trailer use and not requiring another person to help load or unload .

Attachments

• DSC00087.jpg
    DSC00087.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 15
As far as my truck I dont use any thing in it. It was desingned to be a truck & thats what I use it for. I dont give a crap what the inside of the bed looks like thats why I bought it is to haul crap around but thats just me.

I am with you on that! However my last truck I had the front of the bed over time ended up rubbing the back of the cab, and I don't want that to happen again.

I am with you on that! However my last truck I had the front of the bed over time ended up rubbing the back of the cab, and I don't want that to happen again.

Had the same thing happen years ago, just need to spread the pressure point out across the whole front of the bed....1/2" p/t plywood would work fine as well as providing a bolting point for the 2 X 4 brace.

I like to make my own shit....can you tell? :rofl_200:

Mine rubs the cab I think it has in all my trucks. I thought it was normal.LOL On second note I have one of those HF coupons for there chock for 39.99 if you want me to send it to you.

Mine rubs the cab I think it has in all my trucks. I thought it was normal.LOL On second note I have one of those HF coupons for there chock for 39.99 if you want me to send it to you.

Please do! I will go get it this weekend..:punk:

Gannon

Back