Birds Chirping sound coming from my new Kerker?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maximus06

Reaction score
I just installed a new 4-2-1 Kerker with a 2 inch comp baffle on my 06 max and it sounds fantastic but when I start to crack the throttle after the bike warms up I get a slight chirping noise that is really starting to get on my nerves. I'm just wondering if anyone els has had this issue and might have an ideas of how to resolve it......... thanks!

Re: Birds Chirping sound comeing from my new Kerker?

Sounds like something's loose. First check all your fittings for tightness. If no joy, I would take it off and shake it to hear of something's loose inside. Is it brand new? If so, take it back..

Re: Birds Chirping sound comeing from my new Kerker?

Where is the sound comming from? Sounds like a leak at a joint or at the flange where the headpipe attatches to the head. The latter being more common. Did you use new exhaust gaskets? Ya might try and tighten the flange bolts up. They do tend to loosen after a few heat cycles.

1st retighten everything.

I have a kerker and when I rev it, it sounds like some loose metal rattling. I have checked everything. I installed a carbon can last year and exhaust still makes noise. It has been doing it since new. I have no idea what it is. I used RTV at all connections. retightened everything. it annoys me also. i can hear itreverberate off the concrete highway dividers

Well it sounded to me like it was coming from the can itself so I removed the baffle and checked the inside of the can for anything loose that might be rattling around and found nothing. Then instead of putting the baffle back in I decided to start the bike without it and see if it still made the noise and it did not. However it did set off my neighbors car alarm and the unreasonable prick called the cops on me.:confused2: All that hassle aside I think the noise is coming from the baffle itself but I can see nothing on it that is broke or loose. I repacked it and replaced it and it does the same thing. Oh well maybe I just need a new baffle....Thanks guys for your replys, I appreciate it! Oh yeah almost forgot the pipe is not new I purchased it used in very good condition so maybe the baffle is just wore out or something?

Well it sounded to me like it was coming from the can itself so I removed the baffle and checked the inside of the can for anything loose that might be rattling around and found nothing. Then instead of putting the baffle back in I decided to start the bike without it and see if it still made the noise and it did not. However it did set off my neighbors car alarm and the unreasonable prick called the cops on me.All that hassle aside I think the noise is coming from the baffle itself but I can see nothing on it that is broke or loose. I repacked it and replaced it and it does the same thing. Oh well maybe I just need a new baffle....Thanks guys for your replys, I appreciate it! Oh yeah almost forgot the pipe is not new I purchased it used in very good condition so maybe the baffle is just wore out or something?

Is there a lot of carbon buildup???

Gunk in the baffle??or in the pipes??

Things can sound really strange when the airflow is not moving correctly through the system.....It doesn't have to be plugged.....just gunked up enough to change the flow....

Kinda like a musical insturment that's out of tune:confused2:

Just a thought:ummm:

And check all the welds for pinhole leaks......Man that will cause a whistle:biglaugh:

And don't forget to return the favor somehow to your Ahole neighbor. What a prick.

as stated mine has done it since new. I repacked it also and made sure i put baffle back in carefully to make sure the packing didnt bunch up.. I ran it without the baffle as you did and didnt hear it then. put baffle in and still does it. so i figured the baffle is rattling inside and touching the inside of the can making a raspy metal vibrating sound but then i installed a carbon can from mario and i still hear the sound. WTF i dunno

Well it sounded to me like it was coming from the can itself so I removed the baffle and checked the inside of the can for anything loose that might be rattling around and found nothing. Then instead of putting the baffle back in I decided to start the bike without it and see if it still made the noise and it did not. However it did set off my neighbors car alarm and the unreasonable prick called the cops on me.:confused2: All that hassle aside I think the noise is coming from the baffle itself but I can see nothing on it that is broke or loose. I repacked it and replaced it and it does the same thing. Oh well maybe I just need a new baffle....Thanks guys for your replys, I appreciate it! Oh yeah almost forgot the pipe is not new I purchased it used in very good condition so maybe the baffle is just wore out or something?

Back