Black Max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KDIMD

Reaction score
vmax_subic.jpgThanks to Sean from Morley's Muscle. Got the Japanese spec bike converted to vboost, added the cops and a few other mods. The painter scewed up on the engine, its all black. Supposed to leave the shiny bits alone. Anyway, took her to a fast run to Subic (Phil) and hit 130 mph in 4th gear with no problem. A little light up front but tracked straight.

Blue was before.

Attachments

• bluemax.jpg
    bluemax.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 96
Now that the bike is about all black, need to paint the rear shocks. Can the springs be removed and powdered or is it too much of a hassle and easier to replace with black progressives? I actually like the ride.

View attachment 43656The painter scewed up on the engine, its all black. Supposed to leave the shiny bits alone.

Sounds like a winter project for you.
Use some low tack masking tape, a rubber rubbing bloc, 600, 1200 & 1500 wet & dry, a bucket of water.

Use the tape to mask adjacent areas and work your way around the raised areas. Stop using the 600 once the base mental starts to ghost through and complete with the two finer grades.
Polish with a relatively aggressive chrome cleaner (I use Solvol Autosol) and finish with a fine polish, such as Belgum Alu or whatever is available locally.

The shock springs can be removed but you heed a spring compressor like these from ebay to do it safely, but they are very easy to use. I used the progressive compressor since I had progressive shocks.

Anyone know if the progressive compressive works on the stock VMAX? It says it works on many full size shocks, but the reviews indicate otherwise.

The shock springs can be removed but you heed a spring compressor like these from ebay to do it safely, but they are very easy to use. I used the progressive compressor since I had progressive shocks.

Latest posts

Back