Bleed screw cover help...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j2dawson

Reaction score
Awhile back I got help identifying the clutch bleed screw and was told that there was normally a cover over it. Today I finally paid the ridiculous price of $21.00 for the screw and rubber cover (they don't sell just the cover).

I can't figure out how this should go on. It looks simple but there is no way it will work on my bike without cutting the cover apart. There is no hole in the square cover for the clutch line to fit. Has my bike been modified or did they sell me the wrong cover? Here is where it is supposed to go but with the line to the clutch, there is no way I can figure out how it goes. Could someone take a picture of how it is supposed to look and post it.

Thank you very much,
Jim Dawson

clutch%20bleed.jpg

The cover is a nearly square piece of rubber with a tail and a circle at the end of the tail.

Mine came with the slit for the clutch pipe.

Attachments

• IMG00189-20110505-1421.jpg
    IMG00189-20110505-1421.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 23
To cover bleeder fittings, zerk grease fittings & the like, I usually replace the stock rubbers w/automotive soft plastic vacuum caps. They come in colors if you need that.

Back