blinker question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okievmax

Reaction score
Im installing some mini cateye blikers on the front that are NOT led. My new blinkers only have 2 wires hot and ground. My bike has 3 wires flash,running, and ground. How do i wire this up?

Im installing some mini cateye blikers on the front that are NOT led. My new blinkers only have 2 wires hot and ground. My bike has 3 wires flash,running, and ground. How do i wire this up?

connect black to black and green to the second blinker wire & leave the blue wire unplugged, (its for the running light) you will loose this function.

I did that and the right one isnt working. But the left one is. They are also blinking faster.

Hmm.... Checked that. Im stumped. Guess i need to ask mr morley! I already bothered him at dinner tonite. Hes a helluva guy. I wouldnt have even answered!! Maybe he will see this tonite and respond

Hmm.... Checked that. Im stumped. Guess i need to ask mr morley! I already bothered him at dinner tonite. Hes a helluva guy. I wouldnt have even answered!! Maybe he will see this tonite and respond

:confused2: Sean might be on later... who knows! I know that we had issues with my blinkers not working and found that the wires were not connected correctly...

G

You connect like this?
Bike Green = right light's positive
Bike Brown = left light's positive
Bike Black = both lights' negatives
Bike Blue = no connect

regards from my tapatalking android...

Check wiring again. Check that the bulb is in good and there are no problems with the socket. Put the bulb from the non working one into the one that is working and see what happens. Switch hot conductors from left to right if you verify the bulb is good to see if the problem follows the hot wire.

I have heard other guys mention that they ended up with a faster blink rate after adding new signals with incandescent bulbs if the bulbs were lower wattage than OEM. The way I understand it, the flasher relay needs to have a ceertain amount of amerage pulled on it to keep the flash rate correct. Bulbs with low enough wattage lessen the load so it increases the flash rate just as LEDs.

If the wattages aren't the same (23w x2), then the blink rate will change. Lower draw results in faster blink.

Check the bulbs inside....some blinkers are grounded through the mount(2 wire= two filament) and some use a separate ground (3 wire=2 filament). You'll be able to see if there are 1 or 2 filaments in the bulb easily by looking.

My little bullet lights had 2 wires in the front(oddly enough red and black) and 1 in the back...case grounded. The black was "blink" and the red was running IIRC, since the rear ones only had 1 black wire.

Check wiring again. Check that the bulb is in good and there are no problems with the socket. Put the bulb from the non working one into the one that is working and see what happens. Switch hot conductors from left to right if you verify the bulb is good to see if the problem follows the hot wire.

I have heard other guys mention that they ended up with a faster blink rate after adding new signals with incandescent bulbs if the bulbs were lower wattage than OEM. The way I understand it, the flasher relay needs to have a ceertain amount of amerage pulled on it to keep the flash rate correct. Bulbs with low enough wattage lessen the load so it increases the flash rate just as LEDs.

Go down to your local electronics store and buy a 1/4 watt resistor (hope this large enough for incandecent) start with 1k ohm resistor then go in 2 or 3 K jumps , place this inline on the positive side of the circuit. keep changing out the size until you get the flash rate that you want. This should work :confused2: or it atleast works on LED's

G

Back