brake and clutch reservoirs?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodsman30

Reaction score
Where might a fellow find some after market units to replace the stock units?

depends on how much cash you wanna spend. i have run the fjr masters, but i'm a little over the top with the bike so i upgraded to the ISR's they are adjustable as far as length of pull and amount of pressure. i run them in addition to the 06 R1 front end and the radial mount brakes. i think there are pics in the gallery.

later odieoh24

I am also set up with Accosato (do a search or visit Galfers website). I would sell them at almost my cost if you are interested just so we can get some feedback on them. We used a set of Performance Machine controls on the reaper bike we are building (I am set up with PM too but they are very expensive).

Sean

depends on how much cash you wanna spend. i have run the fjr masters, but i'm a little over the top with the bike so i upgraded to the ISR's they are adjustable as far as length of pull and amount of pressure. i run them in addition to the 06 R1 front end and the radial mount brakes. i think there are pics in the gallery.

later odieoh24
Are the fjr's stronger then the stock vmax? Seems like a simple possibly good mod.

Anyone know of a cheap replacement to get the "remote reservoir" look (like on the sportsbikes, R1 etc) any ideas of how to get the look, with out loosing any peformance. I don't need mirror threads, as I have bar end mirrors.

Just go ahead and get a remote res type from ebay (R1, ect...). They should all work fine.

Sean

Anyone know of a cheap replacement to get the "remote reservoir" look (like on the sportsbikes, R1 etc) any ideas of how to get the look, with out loosing any peformance. I don't need mirror threads, as I have bar end mirrors.

Like Sean said, just buy an R1 front brake master, and you can go to http://shindypro.com/intro/ and get a clutch master to match. I am running that set up so you can go to my album and see them on a bike.

I have a R1 master cylinder(and calipers/discs) with the tiny plastic remote reservoir. Now that I think of it, I don't remember how my right mirror is attached. I'm not at the bike now...stupid finals week.... have to get some pictures this weekend.

I tell you though, braking power is NOT an issue. This big heavy Max stops far better than my little Magna ever did, with a lot less hand pressure.

Latest posts

Back