Brake disks

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty sure I got plenty of early model rotors media blasted and ready for paint if you are interested. $50 a set shipped in USA. Ask Bill Kratzenberg for a reference. He has a set I sold him for his 85.
Hi. i would like to buy set for my 88. Do you ship to europe?

It looks like i cant get non floating rotors work as the should..is it possible that solid mount rotors dont work on stock rims ?
Rotors are straight, measured in lathe..but when they are installed into the rims, they are not rotating straight and therefore they push one brake piston in and causing one brake pad "hanging loose" and making jingling sound when driving..allso i loose pressure until i pump brake lever couple of times..and after that braking still feels like rotors are bended. So long story short..do i need floating rotors to get even braking force..?

Hi. i would like to buy set for my 88. Do you ship to europe?

It looks like i cant get non floating rotors work as the should..is it possible that solid mount rotors dont work on stock rims ?
Rotors are straight, measured in lathe..but when they are installed into the rims, they are not rotating straight and therefore they push one brake piston in and causing one brake pad "hanging loose" and making jingling sound when driving..allso i loose pressure until i pump brake lever couple of times..and after that braking still feels like rotors are bended. So long story short..do i need floating rotors to get even braking force..?

In my opinion....you DONT need a full floating rotor. I have semi floating, and they have been great. I do have an 07 Vmax.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251565620219?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Well..i think that the original rotors are not floating one's. Mayby there is something wrong with my rotors after all.. I will replase them with another fixed rotors and try again. No one ewer said that keeping a max would be cheap

OEM rears for all years are "fixed". 85-02 OEM fronts are fixed. 93-07 fronts are floating.

Yes but OEM floating is not real floating..
Try to move them by hand, no way...
With my 320 brembo ones, i can shake them with two fingers !

Do you know why, noise purpose?

One of the purposes of floating rotors is to not transfer heat into the wheel and cooking the bearings. Mostly a racing adaptation but useful for an aggressive rider too.

Wouldnt the OEM 93-07 be described as semi floating....instead of full floating? The aftermarket that I have on mine....are described as semi floating.

Full floating provide full self alignement, better efficiency and symetrical wear, but it is noisy on bad roads (i don't bother this :) )

I wonder if its really a rotor issues if theyre showing straight off the bike... maybe a wheel bearings going out...

Changed new bearings last year. Strange problem.. i must investigate this issue more...i will report after i find solution

Bought new rotors, still no eaven brakes, but better than previos ones. I can "live"with these brakes for now.. maybe look into it again later when i find the inspiration again

Lähetetty minun GT-I9506 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Latest posts

Back