Bright Gauge's Remedy (color change)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just put in the non LED's (#24's from superillumination).....way too dim for me.
It's even hard to make out the needles on the gauges.
I tried scratching some paint off..looks like shit.
I'm going to go for the LED's .....

I don't have a problem with mine. I can even see red at dusk!

OKay, I'm not crazy....it appears that 4 out of the 5 bulbs I ordered are coated much darker then the fifth!!
Just my luck!

These would have been perfect for your original intention of dimming the gauge pod Cop Runner!!

I'm still going to try the LED's, especially since I screwed these by scratching off some paint!

Attachments

• DSCF0169.JPG
    DSCF0169.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 48
  • DSCF0187.JPG
    DSCF0187.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 44
  • DSCF0188.JPG
    DSCF0188.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 48
OKay, I'm not crazy....it appears that 4 out of the 5 bulbs I ordered are coated much darker then the fifth!!
Just my luck!

These would have been perfect for your original intention of dimming the gauge pod Cop Runner!!

I'm still going to try the LED's, especially since I screwed these by scratching off some paint!
I WAS JUST LUCKY THAT MINE WORKED OUT PERFECTLY THE FIRST TIME ! USUALLY IT TAKES 12 TIMES WHEN I DO ANYTHING !...:rofl_200:

Great mod - thanks everyone! I just finished mine and posted a step-by-step of everything in the same category (rather than cluttering up this thread). Very slick

MY RED GAUGES DO NOT HAVE A CONSISTENT SHADE EITHER , THEY ARE DIMMER AT THE BOTTOMS LIKE YOURS DAVE ! THE IDEAL THING WOULD BE IF THERE WERE MORE BULBS , BUT YOU CAN STILL READ THEM NO PROBLEM !...AND THIER COOL AS HELL !...:punk:

I WAS RIDING LAST NIGHT & AFTER SEING SOME OF THE PICTURES OF THE GUY'S THAT PUT IN LED LIGHTS IN THERE GAUGES , I'M GOING TO SWAP MINE OUT OVER THE WINTER , MAYBE PURPLE !,,,:punk:

I'M FINALLY GOING TO CHANGE MINE OVER TO LED BULBS , I SEE THAT THERE ARE BULBS THAT THE LIGHT COMES OUT OF THE SIDES OR LIKE AT A 45 DEG. ANGLE OR STRAIGHT OUT THE TOP , IS THERE ANY CONSENSUS AS TO WHICH IS BETTER ? .. :confused2:

superbrightleds.com, I think. I used the 2 regular #74 leds for the speedo, a #74hd for the tach, and a #74 super hd for the temp. Three different bulb intensities, but they give off even light after installed. Posted everything including pics in Yukonerdave's step-by-step post. They look friggin awesome!

I WAS RIDING FRIDAY NIGHT AND I NOTICED THAT MY GAUGES ARE NOT AS RED AS THEY WERE , I GUESS HEAT & TIME IS FADING MY BULB COVERS , I'M GOING TO INSTALL THE LED BULBS THAT YOU GUYS DID ! .. I'LL KEEP YOU POSTED ! .. :punk:

superbrightleds.com, I think. I used the 2 regular #74 leds for the speedo, a #74hd for the tach, and a #74 super hd for the temp. Three different bulb intensities, but they give off even light after installed. Posted everything including pics in Yukonerdave's step-by-step post. They look friggin awesome!
I'LL CHECK OUT " YUKONERDAVE'S " STEP-BY-STEP FOR THE PART NUMBERS , UNLESS SOMEONE HAS THEM HANDY ? .. :confused2:

I WAS RIDING FRIDAY NIGHT AND I NOTICED THAT MY GAUGES ARE NOT AS RED AS THEY WERE , I GUESS HEAT & TIME IS FADING MY BULB COVERS , I'M GOING TO INSTALL THE LED BULBS THAT YOU GUYS DID ! .. I'LL KEEP YOU POSTED ! .. :punk:

I ride at night often and love the ruby red glow of the lights. You will love it too for sure. Just make sure you get the brighter ones for the instruments.

Latest posts

Back