Bummer!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Max

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coolant leak..

So, got my bike together yesterday, went for a little ride and today after work I go to look that has any oil leaked, my magneto cover leaked in last season and I have changed clutch too.. There wasn't any signs of oil leaks, but a nice big puddle of coolant on the ground!! That really ruined my day :bang head:

Is that a thermostat housing or what? Should I change thermostat as I need to take that apart anyway, and what kind of seals I need to buy? Mhm, bummer!

Attachments

• IMG_1561.jpg
    IMG_1561.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1562.jpg
    IMG_1562.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
What about the worm clamp and the hose right above that housing? It looks like in the pic that it could be leaking from around the hose, and running down on the housing.

If you find that it is not the hose clamp the next thing I would take a look at is the "O" ring that seals the top cover.

I turned the drain screw to "ON" and I got a little dripple of coolant out of that screw, is that ok or is that shot too? And coolant was leaking through thermostat cover, wasn't that hose..

My t-stat cover had been seeping too, when I tried to use the drain cock all I got was a dribble also, I drained the system at the waterpump and pulled the hoses at the drain cock assy, I got a bunch of sludge out and this is what was keeping the drain from working properly, I removed the t-stat housing as a unit and will install new stat and o-rings before reassy including those on the elbow...................Tom.

Ok thanks, I checked that t-stat opens and put just some perfect seal on t-stat cover, if it doesn't leak anymore I will ride this summer with that and put in new parts next winter. I changed coolant a year ago, and tried to flush system thorough, but have to check that drain assy if problems still occur.

Latest posts

Back