C Spanner and Furbur fix?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwilson410

Reaction score
Hi guys, just fitted new steering head bearings and would like to buy a C spanner for adjustments. Is there a particulars size I need or should I purchase an adjustable one. While I am in at the nuts, is the furbur fix worth doing......anyone got any experience of this upgrade!

Cheers guys Michael

i woudln't do the furbur unless you have no other options.

also 'dingy' on this forum sells the offiical yama tool (or a duplicate rather) that works great and should be under $25 shipped.

that's fantastic thanks, keep hearing different reports of the Furbur Fix and didn't know what to do!

Michael

My bike came to me with the furbur fix already done. It's speed wobble is pretty inconsistent. Sometimes you can cruise at 135-140 no problem. Other times by 110 or so it's all over the place, so it doesn't seem to be that effective.

You can buy the spanner, but a flat screwdriver and hammer work just fine. Set the tightness using the "bounce test", Morley has a video of how to do it somewhere.

The furbur fix may seem to work if the bearings are fine but just misadjusted(too loose). If the bearings are shot, it might help a bit, but you're covering up the problem instead of solving it. It works because you are adjusting the bearing tension, not from swapping the washer. Since you have new bearings, I'd just set them properly and go with it.

:punk: Hey, Sears has some spanner wrenches that are adjustable. The Furbar fix is a scam that I can't believe ever got used by anybody. An aluminum washer instead of the stock plastic washer? Seriously who could think that would work. You'd be better off jamming the two nuts together. Oh well to each his own. Remember the guy who invented pet rocks, he's probably rich too. Good Luck, Spurs

Back