Camo green over red flames

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I get what you're saying. A bit of a kick in the pants to learn what sort of coin could have been had, but going with what you want over resale value isn't the dumbest thing you could do. I don't think too many people go with aftermarket stuff and paint in hopes it will improve resale, and if they do I'd bet they end up disappointed more than not. Might just take awhile to find somebody else wanting buy a max that likes camo green.

Well I have an 06 max and never liked the fake tribal flame sticker on it. The 05 red color scheme with fake tribal looks a lot better to me.

I had thoughts of repainting them to, but decided to try vinyl wrapping them. I actually did the faux tank cover last night in 3D red carbon fiber.

I will post up some pics of it later tonight to get some of your opinions on the look. If I decide that I don't like it, than I'll peel it off and still have the 06 factory look. Just have a hard time believing that they fetch that type of money, but maybe that's just me.

Mike

I have had several sets. The stock 97 silver that came with the bike, a complete chrome set, a new 94 yellow set with all emblems and decals in the original pkgs, and a mis-matched set that I used for my custom paint job. The mis-match set was cheap. Sold each of the the other sets for more than the mis-matched set cost WITH the custom paint!! If you are going to paint, get the cheapest set you can find and sell the nice set(s).

Latest posts

Back