carb a/f screws seized need temp fix help

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MANA1

Reaction score
Okay guys here's a tough question. My fuel screws are seized in carbs 1 & 2. The cylinders only fire when I blow through the fuel vent hose which forces fuel into the idle circuit. I adjusted 1&2 carbs vacuum to pull harder, hence pulling more fuel. Now all cylinders are firing but I can't seem to get the bike to idle less than 1500 rpm. This is a temp fix until I can find someone to sell me some carb bodies. My main concern is that I don't damage the engine with this improvised fix. Has anyone else tried this un-sync theory to get all cylinders to fire? :confused2:

It's a little unusual for #1 & #2 to be seized, normally #3 & #4 are the problem carbs. :ummm:

Are the screw heads broken & stripped or will they still accept a screwdriver? If they're still ok tip the carbs on the side and flood the holes with some high quality penetrating oil and let them sit, working the screw back & forth just a little every few days....you may get lucky.

The #3 and #4 carbs still had the brass plugs in them. The PO had removed the bp for 1 and 2.

Back