Carb Clamp Screws...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gamorg02

Reaction score
OK so with my carbs on/off/on/off/on/off/on/off/on, in this fun tuning time of my life, the screws are starting to get buggered. mostly on the clamps holding the boots to the carbs/intake manifolds, but one of the screws holding on the airbox boots is too...

now i ordered some new clamps, but they're backordered so its gonna be a couple weeks (apparently with my rear tire as well), so i was wondering if any of you guys had replaced the screws with phillips or more importantly allen heads?

i could probably take one off and run to the store and check, but before i tear it apart again, i was wondering if someone knew the size offhand, if i have to special order it or something.

also wondering if anyone had replaced the bolts/screws. I have to believe they're the same size for the airbox clamps and the manifold boots, just the clamp diameter is different.:ummm::ummm:

I have replaced mine with stainless steel allen heads. Only problem, if you drop them in a tight place, magnets will NOT pick them up...

understood.

you wouldn't happen to remember the size? and if the airbox boot clamp screws are the same size as the intake manifold/carb boot clamp screws?

All the carb clamp bolts are the same size, but the vboost manifold boot clamps are bigger.

I have some ss allen heads at home - if you want pm me your addy and I will send to you.

Mike

really? i woulda assumed the airbox ones were, seems the opening is bigger up there. either way...

i appreciate the offer man, but i may need some for this weekend, so if you could let me knwo the size i may try to grab some tonight/tomorrow at the local HW stores...

really? i woulda assumed the airbox ones were, seems the opening is bigger up there. either way...

i appreciate the offer man, but i may need some for this weekend, so if you could let me knwo the size i may try to grab some tonight/tomorrow at the local HW stores...

Not sure about airbox as I have individual filters, but for carb boots it's M4X.8X25 or 30mm - if the airbox ones are bigger - would be M5X.8

Mike

thanks mike. u've been wicked helpful.

now i just need someone to confirm the two screws are the same size? m-cman, u happen to remember?

EDIT: oh and i mean tthe clamps themselves are bigger if anything up top, the screws seem to be equal all the way around (from memory)

Last edited:
now i just need someone to confirm the two screws are the same size? m-cman, u happen to remember?

Sorry, don't remember. The info on my SS bolt kit is at my storage unit. Will try and remember to get it next trip there.

Went out to check mine (did not remove them). The carb to airbox clamp screws def. look larger in dia. than the carb to manifold screws. Ron Ayers also shows diff. part #'s for the clamp assys. #10 & #43.

thanks tex and m-cman.

went to the hw store, and 4mm x .8 is not there. only .7mm go tsome of those and 5 x .8

next time the clamps are off i'll do it all up and find out what is the legit sizes.

ok, found out the answer.

before i started this thread, i had ordered some of these clamps anyways (preemptively)

the intake manifold to carb boot clamp bolts are 4mm x .7mm

the carb to airbox boot clamp bolts are 5mm x .8mm

and what'd ya know? the new carb boot clamp (manifold) bolts are allen heads!

Back