Carb Mounting Rubber Gaskets

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allaraine

Reaction score
I was just installing a power outlet on my VMAX and when I went to move the Air intake housing a little bit to put wire by it, I noticed that the Rubber Gaskets that hold my Carbs on the engine were loose and the Carbs extually poped out of them.......I tried to reseat them in the gaskets but it seems like I cannot get them tight enough to stay. HELP. I might need the Gaskets again. Thank you.

Did you loosen the screws and push the carbs all the way in? Look on the bottom side of the carb and you'll see an area that will seat when it's on there. They will "pop" into place when you have it right.

+1 on what Sean said.....spray a lil silicone or wd 40 inside the boots...it will help them slip in there.

The problem is that his rubbers are dried up and won't go back into place... I had that same problem on an airbox and had to replace the damn thing. The rubber was dry and hard so to speak.

Agreed with Fred. Got the same issue with the airbox and the carb boots which were also cracking.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Back