carb not responding to mixture screw

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrBoboLala

Reaction score
carb 1 is not responding when seat or unscrew the mixture screw. I did a shotgun due to a dead cylinder so was wondering where else i could be having a problem.

any ideas?

Check your spark, mine turned out to be the ignitor. Had the exact same problem.

Cheers:cheers:

I had a similar problem and I had spark. My solution was the carbs just needed a deep cleaning and the floats set. (ie everything apart)

oh god i hope its not electrical. getting gas on my hands is 100% better than electricity through my body! So, I did an experiment this morning. fired up the bike, no choke, and kept the rpms under 2000. I wanted to make sure the bike stayed in idle territory. the cylinder remained ice cold except for a little warmth this honestly could have come from the other side. perhaps a rogue firing of the cylinder, who knows. once i gaveher gas, she got hot.

So does this mean i may have appropriate spark?

She way too rich to fire until the engine takes in more air?

idle circuit clogged? already did shotgun and peashooter, but willing to keep trying.

if it is electrical, where can i test and how?

ALSO.... where is all that gas going if not being combusted? my oil? could that be a problem?

Back