Carb sync problem

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulVmax

Reaction score
I have been syncing my carbs but i cant get cylinder number 1 front left to match up with the other cylinders any advise would be great ?

That was nice of you Traumahawk and you dident even say a joke about his engine color. dont get mad paulvmax just ribbing you. Good luck.......mike

Vmaxmike I was an apprentice for 5 years i can take it all in good fun and thank you traumahawk explains alot being a master carb (non adjustible)

Rise.... or raise, sorry thought you wanted to get a rise....... I was going to post this than.....

HOT-BABE-YAMAHA-V-MAX-motorcycles-31778243-1920-1200.jpg

I'm glad to hear that you've got them synched. I just thought that I would let who ever else that might be having problems synching the simple problem that I found.
My bike was not running very well much below 3000rpm but seemed better above that. Anyway, I did the shotgun cleaning to them and then tried to balance them and was struggling with it. After a bit of frustration, I discovered that I caused my own problem by pinching one of the carbs breather hose when I put the airbox back on. That is one of the hoses that comes from the top of each carb and runs up alongside the airbox and is attached with two on each side. Anyway, I unpinched it, if that is a word and balanced it with ease and all is well.
I hope this might help someone else.

Back