Carbon fiber body parts

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaztheClash

Reaction score
Do any of you fellers have any experience with Exactrep's carbon fiber body work? They look pretty sharp to me, but I emailed the company asking if they are real carbon fiber or the phoney plastic like a lot of 'Maxs (mine included) have and never heard back. Whatchyu guys think?

Attachments

• carbon-complete-set-main.jpg
    carbon-complete-set-main.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 36
I got the solo tail section. It is real carbon fiber, it fits correctly and has a nice smooth finish.
It is not too flimsy but boy is it expensive!

I believe those parts are discontinued from the original manufacturer. So, not sure what all they have left over at exactrep.

Well shoot, that may explain why they never got back to me about them... Good to know that they're real, though. Thanks, guys!

OVER Racing-Japan sells a very nice tank cover. Its real Carbon. Has a sport bike look that goes well with the various sport tails.
Its in my albums- painted orange....I wanted the shape, could only find it in Carbon at that time.

Not sure about Exactrep....

I saw a segment on "how its made" on carbon fiber component manufacturing. I see now why its so stupidly expensive.
I thought it was the materials, but saw that is very labor and time intensive.

I love that show, interesting and has that certain sound/background drone that's almost as efficient as pro-golf or pro-gambling to help you through an afternoon snoozing on the couch!

Jesus. The finished product looks amazing, but I don't think I'm looking for that king of project at the moment. ...or ever. Interesting option, though.

Wasn't there someone on this forum that was selling cf parts made by their company? Maybe a year ago or so. Reasonable prices if I remember correctly. Some members purchased from him and were happy with the results. Surprised no one else has mentioned this.

tyga right? they discontinued their vmax line

That's the same parts as his first picture (even taken directly from their website).

Exactrep finally responded to my email confirming the legitimacy of their carbon fiber bodywork. Evidently they still sell them since they didn't mention otherwise.

Well over a grand if you buy the faux tank cover, too. That's before the surely-astronomical shipping costs from the UK, mind you.

Back