Carbon Fiber Canisters for stock exhaust

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smisra1968

Reaction score
I have a 2002 Carbon Fiber edition VMAX that I just picked up, one incredible bike!

Can anyone tell me where I can find the following?

1) Carbon Fiber canisters for the stock exhaust (do they even exist?)
2) How can I lower the bike a little bit without spending a lot of $ ?

Thanks for your help.

To lower the bike get some pregressive springs for the front (or you can go the very cheap route like I did and just lower the forks an inch or so in the tripples. Then you can get 11.5" or 12" progressive shocks for the rear... you may spend anywhere from $250 to $500 (or more) but it should help the handeling as well as the looks.

As far as the carbon fiber cans, talk to Sean Morley :
http://www.morleysmuscle.com/

I think he may have a few ideas for you.

You can lower the bike via suspension as previously stated or if you want to lower the seat height to be more flat footed, than have the stock front seat cut down by 1 to 2 inches.

Mike

As far as progressive springs go you need to get the lowering kit. They sell a standard kit and a lowering kit.

Two Brothers racing sells a slip on exhaust in carbon.

I have a 2002 Carbon Fiber edition VMAX that I just picked up, one incredible bike!

Can anyone tell me where I can find the following?

1) Carbon Fiber canisters for the stock exhaust (do they even exist?)
2) How can I lower the bike a little bit without spending a lot of $ ?

Thanks for your help.

I see its your first post, can you introduce yourself :confused2:

I have been talking with Devil Exhaust about their canisters. When I asked about their carbon Racer series canisters, they steered me away from them saying that the heat the VMAX generates would burn the carbon canisters. I know the Racer series are very small in diameter, so I asked if that was the reason, or if that is something to worry about in general for the VMAX.

Has anyone out there experienced carbon fiber exhausts burning on the VMAX?

I was appreciative of the fact that they were providing me with information, rather than just selling me what I asked for, but I see quite a few manufacturers selling carbon fiber exhausts for the VMAX and I haven't seen any posts yet saying their canisters are burning.

I have pasted Devil's responses below.

"I think that Racer canisters should be the best way, they will provide your bike a deep sound but i don't think that you should fit your bike with carbon fiber because of the heat the engine brings, it will maybe burn the carbon fibers."

"I advise you to choose Racer canister but in steel version."

"If i were you i will forget to fit my bike with carbon fiber, it will burn... you will have a "dark-look" but it will be the smoke of your exhausts!"

"I think that you have to find a brand which produces exhaust in steel with a carbon paint or something that go around the steel."

yes, we have burned up two carbon sleeves. But they are being put to extreme use and most will never have an issue.

Sean

Back