Careful out there during the holidays

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha this is really good. Should be in TV all the time couse
not only Christmas we should be careful but evryday in the whole year.

Drunken drivers should go to jail and never get back the license.

VERY powerful video!
please drive safely not only during the holiday seasons but year round!
the thought of my daughter standing over my coffin and realizing she would never see her daddy keeps me from driving under the influence!

I'm just hoping the filming was staged or faked. Some of the in-progress accident footage was horrifying.

I'm just hoping the filming was staged or faked. Some of the in-progress accident footage was horrifying.

pretty graphic for sure.......unfortunately that's what some people need....i'm assuming that's a European commercial?? The US doesn't seem to have the balls to put that on our screens......drive safe everyone!!

I don't drink and drive, but I do road construction. Probably 80% of my work time is at night. The only thing separating me from traffic is a few orange cones. I try to be careful and pay attention, but some of those scenes gave me the chills. I guess If I put to much thought in my work, I'd change jobs.
Tim

Looks to be Australian, just going by the accents and that they drive on the left side of the road.

If something like that aired on American television there would likely be public uproar about violence on TV, rights of the accused, ect. The best we can offer are lame-ass commercials featuring a redneck in a beat-up pickup where the cab is filled up with beer, and some officer getting showered with beer when the guy puts the window down, only to ask "have you been drinking?". There was one with wine in a SUV and martini in a sports car I believe.

I agree that people convicted of drunk driving should have their license revoked for at least several years, and anyone who killed with their driving have manslaughter charges put against them. Which does happen, but only in very rare, espically grisly cases. Most of the time a shithead lawyer bargains it down to a few AA classes and maybe a fine.

My father was convicted of DWI when I was about 12, and in the car with him. Nobody got hurt but the damage was severe enough that the other guy called the police, who saw instantly that he was totally shit-faced. He didn't even spend the night in jail. Got booked on an appearance ticket and released a couple hours later. The hearing resulted in the more or less "standard" DWI penalties of having to take a 4 week "dangers of DWI" class, paying something like a $1000 fine, and pinky-swearing that he won't do it again. License wasn't even suspended, though he did get a new one that has a notation on the back that he was convicted of DWI. That's in NY, I don't know about in other states but NY usually has pretty strict laws compared to other states. Of course, he continued to drive drunk for years afterward. A few times when he was really blasted and went out I did call the police on him, giving them the tag # of his car and where he was going, but they either never pursued it or never caught him. Only recently has he decided to clean his act up, seemingly of his own will.

Just remember when you have that drink what potential pain you may put yourself and/or others in.

It's not worth it!

Remember this one? Came out over the summer I think... The Brits are ruthless with these videos and I think it takes this to get it through the thick skulls of kids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I54mlK0kVw

Chris

I don't need a video to remind of what can happen.

I had a Liberal father who thought it was best to let me drink when I wanted (of course this was around the age of 17ish) as long as I never got into a car to drink and drive - or with someone who was drinking and driving.

I never drank while driving - and I never got in the car with anyone who had.

I don't know why people do it. IF you do - don't think about what could happen to YOU as a result - it's the carnage you can do other people and their families.

I know people think that it won't happen to them - but IT DOES HAPPEN. Why would someone drive if they thought they were going to kill someone? Or themselves? They wouldn't.

I have HEARD people, with my own ears say that they are fine, and reference their impaired driving ability by saying that they have been doing it for years.

All I can say to that is try telling that to the parents of the teenager you just killed. The husband of the wife you just murdered and to her children.

Drinking and driving is a serious crime.

Quite simple actually : Don't drink and drive.

Watched the texting video too.

I am not going to preach further - but this happens.

People may look at it and think "it's just a public service announcement movie.. didn't actually happen.."

But it does happen.

We live in a technology based society. Devices that allow everyone to communicate - and at the same time, take your attention.

Back