Central Florida Tech day

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haha i thought u were havin' me on.. nothing like a bit of male bonding right? Bwaahaha let's hit every Hooters and Winghouse on the way!

I'm not gonna make this one Kyle, that's the opening day of archery season - I'll be in the woods all day. It's a shame too, I'll miss out on the blossoming relationship of G & Cowboy... :rofl_200:

Have not had a whole lot of responses this time but if nothing else I can take yall & show you where titties & beer are.LOL

haha sounds good. I would love to have a good chat about engine paint tho, mine looks soooo bad..

I'm also considering fitting my solid motor mounts soon, but I guess that's a bit of a full-on job, more than we can chew in a tech day, right?

haha sounds good. I would love to have a good chat about engine paint tho, mine looks soooo bad..

I'm also considering fitting my solid motor mounts soon, but I guess that's a bit of a full-on job, more than we can chew in a tech day, right?
Mounts are more than I want to do in a tech day specially when I am just getting back off a cruise & am probably not gonna be totally with it however though if there is not a lot of people that wanna do stuff we could tackle youre engine paint. I dont work on any of my stuff on tech day I kind of leave it open to people that dont have the tools or the place to work on things.

I think the engine paint is prolly too big a job for one day too - it needs prep first to look good, then multicoats and drying times. Also I wouldn't want to ride it until it's hardened properly.
And, I have a small compressor and some proper paint and clear coat from a tank job I did last year, so I'm thinking that would be a better way to go for durability. I just need a better spray gun as the one I have is an antique and not working all that well.

I am, though, very interested in talking through the process, as I'm unclear about a number of things.

And I'm sure we can find a number of other small jobs to tinker with on that day!

We can stop on the way down and pick up all the pieces of my windscreen and then sit around at Kyle's and glue it back together. LOL!

I say let's pick the pieces up, then go to Hooters and inadvertently drop them all over the floor, then get help from the girlz to pick them all up :clapping::biglaugh:

I think the engine paint is prolly too big a job for one day too - it needs prep first to look good, then multicoats and drying times. Also I wouldn't want to ride it until it's hardened properly.
And, I have a small compressor and some proper paint and clear coat from a tank job I did last year, so I'm thinking that would be a better way to go for durability. I just need a better spray gun as the one I have is an antique and not working all that well.

I am, though, very interested in talking through the process, as I'm unclear about a number of things.

And I'm sure we can find a number of other small jobs to tinker with on that day!
There is usually plenty to do aroung my garage. I might actually be pulling a pump on a jet ski that day if I dont get to it before then my project list is kind of long so I dont know what all I will get done before then.

Tilted Kilt sounds good - I see there is one right here in Winter Park too - may have to go on a recon trip lol..

And yea, whatever we end up doing on tech day will be fun! I'm up for anything.

Latest posts

Back