Central Florida Tech day

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I am out of here in the morning. I will post up Saturday morning if I get home earlier than expected so yall can come earlier if yall want. The garage may not be as clean as last time since I wont have much time when I get in. Looking forward to it again.

My adventure had to be postponed for a day, so I'll prolly ride over at least for an hour or so. Everybody have a safe ride !

I'll be there by 1pm. However my bike's really acting up now, I don't think cylinder #1 is firing at all under 5000rpm anymore, and I bloody forgot my spare TCI at home :bang head:

Maybe with a few peeps brainstorming we can figure something out, until yesterday it worked fine while cold and developed this problem once hot, especially florida traffic hot, but then last night I rode it home cold and it did it the whole way.
Basically at idle I can smell gas really strongly, I know it's running on 3 cyls and the gas is just pouring down #1, the weird thing is that when I reach 5k rpm it suddenly comes back and takes off. :ummm: Getting less than 50 miles to the reserve light and it's driving me crazy. When I check my #1 spark when it did it at Deal's Gap, I found I was getting really weal multiple sparks instead of a good strong one, so I know it's not igniting. I swapped the COP and it made no diff, so it's gotta be either the TCI or the wiring from TCI to COP.

Anyone got any other suggestions?

#3 did that to me earlier this summer - piece of dirt on the needle I suspected - I blasted every orfice I could find (on my Carb) with compressed air & cured it - maybe a light shot of air into the fuel hose would help too.

You guys should come have an Atlantic Canada Tech Day, I could use the help! I'll smoke up some yummy ribs and stock the beer fridge!!!

You guys should come have an Atlantic Canada Tech Day, I could use the help! I'll smoke up some yummy ribs and stock the beer fridge!!!
Just a little far to drag all my tools.LOL Speaking of RIbs I Smoke them quite a bit to gonna have another party soon all my friends keep asking me when I am gonna cook again.

Kyle - Awesome Day !!! thank you for hosting another tech. day. Good to see the fellas out & about. G- did you get the mis-fire cured ? Sorry I had to leave early - had to entertain with the wife that eve. Robert - your bike looks kick-ass - gives me some ideas for my own. Phil - good to see ya again Bruther ! Maybe I'll see you guys at Biketoberfest - depends what hunting days I draw with the State ...:biglaugh: struck out today, but I found a great place to sit next week...

Just a little far to drag all my tools.LOL Speaking of RIbs I Smoke them quite a bit to gonna have another party soon all my friends keep asking me when I am gonna cook again.
Sounds like they have great tastes!! :clapping:

Ya it was great to meet, and thanks again for letting me tear my carbs once again - bike worked pretty much flawlessly for about 100 miles, only started to misfire a bit when I got to O-town.
Tank will be coming off this week, tryinna get all the allen screws I need to hopefully do my last carb teardown for a while. While they're off, does anyone think I should go down a size on jets at sea level with K&N and Jardines, or not bother?

Good to see Phil too - it'd been a while. Rich try n do a lil' biktoberfest - I'll be there for the Saturday I reckon.

And Kyle, anytime you wanna smoke 'em ribs let us know - I'm a fan!

CF Tech day rocks :clapping::worthy::eusa_dance:

Ya it was great to meet, and thanks again for letting me tear my carbs once again - bike worked pretty much flawlessly for about 100 miles, only started to misfire a bit when I got to O-town.
Tank will be coming off this week, tryinna get all the allen screws I need to hopefully do my last carb teardown for a while. While they're off, does anyone think I should go down a size on jets at sea level with K&N and Jardines, or not bother?

Good to see Phil too - it'd been a while. Rich try n do a lil' biktoberfest - I'll be there for the Saturday I reckon.

And Kyle, anytime you wanna smoke 'em ribs let us know - I'm a fan!

CF Tech day rocks :clapping::worthy::eusa_dance:
No problem thats what these days are for glad its running better. As far as the jets if its running good leave it alone. I am gonna plan another party when it gets a little cooler out & do some ribs . I usually am busy cooking when I do that so it will be just a party not a tech day & my ribs are not usually done untill About 4 pm I usually cook them for 8-9 hours & have a pretty big group of people over.

No problem thats what these days are for glad its running better. As far as the jets if its running good leave it alone. I am gonna plan another party when it gets a little cooler out & do some ribs . I usually am busy cooking when I do that so it will be just a party not a tech day & my ribs are not usually done untill About 4 pm I usually cook them for 8-9 hours & have a pretty big group of people over.

Count me in! :biglaugh:

Back