Chain Drive Vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m no expert but if you are planning to build a high HP motor I don’t think a shaft drive would hold up to all the torque also it would put more stress on the transmission. If you’re going to spend that much coin why not go with a chain drive to get as much HP to the rear tire.

The shaft (especially the HD ones) will take more power then you can apply to them before something else breaks. The benefit of the maintenance free part of the shaft drive is very appealing to guys that ride any amount of miles on their bikes.

Sean

Chain drive is typically 98% efficient, spiral bevels 95% . In the case of the Vmax
2 pairs of spiral bevels are eliminated going to chain. The unsprung weight without the diff housing will also give gains.

In the constant lubrication - yes. Like camshaft chain.

At the rear wheel(guys posted real gain from it You may consider) when the chain is new its 85%.

Several people have done it, the only person I know of currently doing this mod is located in Rochester NY. Larry Fitzgerald. This is not cheap or easy! Larry is all-about the VMax! Here is an example of this style, pic from last fall during a shop visit. Call him, he doesn't 'do' internet stuff.

LCR Performance Racing, Inc

560 AVIS ST
ROCHESTER, NY 14615

(585) 458-8185

VMax LCR Performance chain-drive.jpg VMax LCR Performance shop.jpg

Latest posts

Back