Charging system

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JVMAX

Reaction score
Hello all you Max heads. I have a question that some of you guys hopefully have a answer to. Does our bike have a charging system? That keeps the battery charged? I see a lot of guys installing trickle chargers and hooking up once a month, etc. Thanks for the help.

Hello all you Max heads. I have a question that some of you guys hopefully have a answer to. Does our bike have a charging system? That keeps the battery charged? I see a lot of guys installing trickle chargers and hooking up once a month, etc. Thanks for the help.

It surely does have a charging system. However, the charging system on the bike is not very robust, so if it is not run about 2-3k rpm for a while it will not be charging the battery from what I understand and have experienced. Also, lead acid batteries tend to lose their charge over time anyway, so as a precaution, lots of folks get the trickle chargers to make sure that the bike is always ready to go and to keep the battery healthy.

Look in the electrical threads for upgrading your connections and " crimps " to take better advantage of what charging benefits you do get.

I never got stuck anywhere, because of a dead battery. I was nervous a few times, though. Because, of a weak battery.

I did the following and the charge has always been strong.

Clean grounds for Recitifier and battery.
Installed Odyssey battery.
Converted running/signal/tail lights to LED's.

Latest posts

Back