Chick Day at the Track

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WESLICH

Reaction score
Took a 60 something mile ride to Baytown with my buddy Robert to see the NHRA Spring Nationals. Ashley Force Hood won the funny car event going over 306 mph. Karen Stoffer red lighted in the first round of the motorcycle event but ran the second fastest e.t. (at that time) ever on a bike 6.880. My ears are still ringing. Great day, great ride too. Rusty, you missed it man.

I GO TO RACEWAY PARK / SUPER NATIONALS AT ENGLISH TOWN N.J. EVERY YEAR SINCE IT STARTED LIKE 20 YEARS AGO ! THE NAME HAS CHANGED OVER THE YEARS , MOPAR PARTS NATIONALS , K&N NATIONALS :....... I LOVE DRAG RACING ! I WATCH IT EVERY WEEK WHEN ITS ON , EVEN THE IHRA ! I LIKE MEETING ALL OF THE DRAG RACERS ! THEY ARE ALL DOWN TO EARTH , REGULAR PEOPLE LIKE US ! I LOVE EVERY TYPE OF RACING ! AND RESPECT EVERYONE THAT DOES IT !...:punk:MY FAVORITE DIVISION IS THE PRO-MODIFIED !

Last edited:
I love the funny cars and dragsters, anything running nitro. The noise and power those things put out is incredible. I was wearing ear plugs and still got a headache. You can feel the energy blasting out of the exhaust right through your entire body. After a watching a few passes standing right up against the fence it made me feel like I had to go crap. Now that's some power! The bikes were cool too.

The real fun is hanging out in the pits before they fire them nitros up after the rebuild.. Nothing like standing 10ft away from a nitro car as they blip that 8000HP engine.

Ya can always tell the newbs at the track when they stand watching.... after about 3 seconds of breathing in raw fuel they back up holding there eyes and nose... then when they blip the throttle they almost fall over.:rofl_200:

I love the funny cars and dragsters, anything running nitro. The noise and power those things put out is incredible. I was wearing ear plugs and still got a headache. You can feel the energy blasting out of the exhaust right through your entire body. After a watching a few passes standing right up against the fence it made me feel like I had to go crap. Now that's some power! The bikes were cool too.
WESLICH , WELL YOU NO I LIKE THE NITRO CARS TO ! THE LICENSE PLATE ON MY MAX IS "NITRO" AND MY BIKE SAY'S http://www.vmaxforum.net/album.php?albumid=68&pictureid=398 , THAT GOES WITHOUT SAY !...:punk:

The real fun is hanging out in the pits before they fire them nitros up after the rebuild.. Nothing like standing 10ft away from a nitro car as they blip that 8000HP engine.

Ya can always tell the newbs at the track when they stand watching.... after about 3 seconds of breathing in raw fuel they back up holding there eyes and nose... then when they blip the throttle they almost fall over.:rofl_200:
THATS GREAT WHEN THEY BURP THAT THROTTLE ! I SWEAR , SOMETIMES I GET A HARD ON !...:punk:

ALSO I THINK THERE IS NO OTHER SPORT THAT TELEVISION DOES A BIGGER INJUSTICE TO THEN DRAG RACING ! YOU JUST HAVE TO BE THERE IN PERSON !...:punk:

THE PRO MODIFIED'S , JUST LOOK AWESOME WITH THE OLD STRETCHED & LOWERED BODY STYLES , AND THOSE GIANT ENGINES HANGING OUT ! THEY LOOK LIKE OLD HOT WHEELS CARS , OR THOSE MUSCLE MACHINES ! THERE JUST AWESOME TO LOOK AT !...:punk:

Ya know you are so correct on that CR
There is nothing like going to a NHRA event and feeling a Nitro Car go down the track.. The feeling in your chect from the viberations the blurr you get the sound that the TV cant produce I tried this weekend I had my Surround Sound Pumped and the BASS maxed out to try and get that sound and feeling but it didnt work..
Anyone who has a chance to goto one DO IT!
I guess its like a concert... if you never been to a rock concert you just cant explain the feeling..
Even more so like an orgasm if you never had one you cant understand it..

The best track I been to watch Nitro cars is Bristol, TN. Thunder Valley. The dragstrip is actually in the valley and the sound just echos. When the cars complete there pass you can hear the echo nothing like it man! It kicks ass!
Now ya know why they call it thunder valley..

Nascar produces 850HP
Nitro Drag Cars 8000+ HP

Here is a video I took last year at Thunder Valley Bristol, TN..
Once again this doesnt even come close to the sound and percussion these things make when they just blip the throttle.. The throttle response is unbelieveable!!
Notcie how the guys up front back away as soon as that nitro gets in the air. Even the guy with a full respitory mask steps away from it!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOiA-a0db4Q

When I was kid my dad raced a 68 or 69 camaro Pro Stock class. We would go to the races and camping on the weekends at the New England Dragway in New Hampshire.
I still have an autograph book somewhere that has a bunch of funny car, dragster, and Wheel stander's autographs in it.
The one I cherished though was Shirley Muldowney. I had a huge crush on her and I told her she was my FAVORITE driver. Got me a big hug. I still remember it.
Too bad I didn't know then, what I know now. But hey I was like 10 y/o then.

Attachments

• Shirley-784714.jpg
    Shirley-784714.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 27
I remember taking my video camera to an NHRA national event one time, and sitting behind a nitro car while being tuned. Later when I got home and watched the video, every time the car would blip the throttle, the video would futz out. The freaking sound pressure coming off the car was so loud just blipping the throttle, it was skewing the tape over the video head, causing the recording to mess up.

Is that cool or what? What y'all said is right, you just can't describe it and you can't record it. You have to be there.

Back