Chinese Chevy coming?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What??,,you must think you are special, news for you, only the rich and the corporations are special. Your Citizenship means squat, the Dems and Rep, (Bloods and Crips), are about to give 11 million ILLEGALS the very same rights you have:rofl_200: That shows us all where we stand.

It is time.

As to the Chevy, don't buy it, don't fly, don't follow any new gun laws, don't cooperate.

O

The tiny Chevy's are already nearly entirely foreign made, just rebadged Asian econo-boxes with a chevy logo glued on the front.

A few of my buddies have made comments I got rid of my Ford and now drive a Toyota truck as being "un-American", except in reality my Tundra had more assembly done in the US than Fords or GMs do, meaning more Americans were employed in its creation and more of the money stays in the country.

Kind of like how a Goldwing used to be more American than a Harley, until Honda closed the MC plant in Ohio.

Wow, so many people in the US out work GM Job went over seas that's not right.

Last edited:
The tiny Chevy's are already nearly entirely foreign made, just rebadged Asian econo-boxes with a chevy logo glued on the front.

A few of my buddies have made comments I got rid of my Ford and now drive a Toyota truck as being "un-American", except in reality my Tundra had more assembly done in the US than Fords or GMs do, meaning more Americans were employed in its creation and more of the money stays in the country.

Kind of like how a Goldwing used to be more American than a Harley, until Honda closed the MC plant in Ohio.
I use to ride down to the Honda plant every year for the "Honda homecoming", which was an event where they opened the plant up to free tours while they were building the bikes and quads. Goldwings, shadows, 400ex quads, were all made here in good ole USA, and they had a beautiful facility. Every year they raffled off a new gold wing, all at no cost. Sad that they closed it.

Guys, deal with the present, your jobs are going over seas or to illegal immigrants, or newly legal law breakers, and the Federal Gov. is flat our run by a foreign nation that believes we are their "goats", and if you don't believe that you are a sheeple.

O

Wow, so many people in the US out work GM Job went over seas that's not right.

Guys that become fully competent in thier jobs with less than a year of On the Job Training knocking down double the average engineer with 5-6 years of college and 20 years experience might have somehting to do with that as well:ummm:

There are many facets to this I realize but strong labor pricing itself out of the market is a piece of the puzzle that can't be denied.

US car companies rebadging imports is nothing new, that's been going on for decades, in attempts to "see if they'll stick" which usually they don't, the American public generally does not want these crackerboxes and the US makers that get roped into being forced to import them to satisfy EPA fleet mileage requirements don't want to waste their money doing R&D on shit box cars they know the public won't buy anyway.

As for bailout money and the thingking that goes behind it, it's all total bullshit, especially the philosophy of ANY company being "Too big to be allowed to fail"
The free market should reign, if a company can not make it financially with thier chosen business model then they should be allowed to succeed or fail on thier own merit.

The only reason the bailouts happened is to prop up voter support for the politicians pushing these programs from the states effected by these business failures.

Government bailout (or subsidy) of private business is a false economy, and while I'll be the first to admit that it does benefit business, the public, and some workers in the short term, the long term implications are what makes it false and ultimately doomed to fail or else drive costs elsewhere by shiftting those losses to the public tax rolls or to the consumer.

The business I'm in has benefited hugely short term from gov't subsididy of alternative energy but eventually the cost will come home to roost when the expansion driven by these subsidies contracts back to it's natural state because political support dries up, or regulation forces these businesses (EXAMPLE; Ca passed a law requiring utilities to obtain a certain percentage of their power from these sources, the EPA also has regs requiring gasoline producers to use specific amounts of "new" formulas requiring additives that aren't even being made anywhere except on an experimental basis) to keep producing without the subsidies and the increased cost ends up in the consumers mailbox whether he wanted it or not.

Back