Cleaning speedometer lens

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wheeliepup

Reaction score
OK, I've got a problem with my speedo lens being fogged over. I need to clean the inside of the glass. Can anyone share the method they used to remove the speedometer lens bezel?

Just changed out my lens with one that isn't fogged. It takes alot of patience.:bang head: First u got to pry that little lip up on the back. It takes alittle at a time going all the way around till it is straight up.:damn angry: Then twisting prying alittle and pulling. Putting it back on just use small hammer to bennd lip back over while appling pdown pressure and finish up with a punch to flatten it back out and get a good seal.:eusa_dance: used a pair of flat duck bill pliers to bend the lip out.

The lens has some silicon or something on it from the factory to keep it from fogging up.

I can see it in the right light.

Chris

So there really wasn't any trick to it...just a matter of un-crimping it without too much force to prevent breakage. Why did you have to replace the lens? Wouldn't it clean up?

Had to replace it due to it being fogged on the out side from something. I bought it off of ebay like that. Mine was good just broke trip stem and scratched case.

Back