Clip On Bars

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a113ycat

Reaction score
I checked and really didnt find any info but Im sure one of you guys have the answer. Im thinking of adding clip on bars to my 95 once I get the CyberMAx head light assembly installed. I also want to go with rear sets. Any tips or Ideas?

My bike runs clipons with the USD fork setup and a Vrod headlight. I really like them, but i am tall enough that it's not to much of a stretch for me. If you are shorter it may be a little uncomfortable.

I am still trying to find a cheap pair of rearsets to try out with the clipons.

My bike runs clipons with the USD fork setup and a Vrod headlight. I really like them, but i am tall enough that it's not to much of a stretch for me. If you are shorter it may be a little uncomfortable.

Im 6'2" with a hell of a reach. I thought about goung USD with the forks but I have a vision of what I want the bike to look like when Im done. The CyberMax is a big part of that.

I have a couple of clip-on's I got to try fitment, one is by Harris, the English framemakers (in aluminum), the other is a Yamaha sportbike set (steel). I am more involved in the heart of the beast right now than I am the bars, but eventually I want to try it.

I posted a link on your thread looking for one set...

Im running clip ons and i love it. Especially when using rearsets. For you to be confortable if the feet go back, the hands have to go forward.

Go to my thread for more pics. These are completely adjustable on angle and eccentricity as well (the fixing bolt is not parallel to the bar)

18042011403.jpg

18042011404.jpg

Last edited:
I've got Flanders on the 85 drag project I'll try to get pics of. Totally adjustable but you may hit air box before you hit the stops. Sure you can swing em forward but that ain't where you want them for riding.

Im 6'2" with a hell of a reach. I thought about goung USD with the forks but I have a vision of what I want the bike to look like when Im done. The CyberMax is a big part of that.

I'm 6'3" with a pretty short reach, so you should be good to go! :punk:

I think they make for a great looking stance! Some people don't, but i don't care! :eusa_dance: To each his own right!?!?

I'm 6'3" with a pretty short reach, so you should be good to go! :punk:

I think they make for a great looking stance! Some people don't, but i don't care! :eusa_dance: To each his own right!?!?

Exactly...
I have been talking to a buddy of mine that builds cafe racers and he has me wanting to build a set from scratch of my own design. We will see where this takes me.....:confused2:

Back