clutch no worky

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacoviii

Reaction score
hi yes i know i need to search and will but

ok took a 4.5 hr bike ride a hard all out kind of ride
so when i got home and parked the bike i left it in gear
fast forward to now i go to ride the bike and pull the clutch to back out of garage and no go clutch will not work

will bleed when i get back from lunch

yea mine doesn't work well cold and w/out the engine on.

ok it worked kind of
after running and put into gear it jumps forward a little then ok
but i think it might be dragging a bit

the first bump into gear mine always lunges. does it do it after being run a few minutes? hows ur fluid level?

new fluid now
the fluid looked like the color of tea/syrup
cleaned the master out too
did not get a chance to ride just up and down the drive
it is a 06 with 8k

clutch fluid, for whatever reason, turns quick. mine was like a month old and already looking crappy.

ok it worked kind of
after running and put into gear it jumps forward a little then ok
but i think it might be dragging a bit

mine kinda has same symptom, after putting it in gear it will roll forward, im not talking about the little jump when yo first engage it but it will walk forward while holding in the clutch. i can hold the bike back with my feet or brake but if not it will keep going. reving it up does not make it roll faster or anything :ummm: is this what yours is doing?acts like a dirt bike clutch out of adjustment, the free play is good on the clutch and fluid is nice color and full.

I haven't chg the engine oil yet just got it and was first on my list to do as it looks like crap and the bike shop where i just bought it wouldn't chg it for selling a bike and wanted like 50 bucks for a oil chg :Shocked:

mine kinda has same symptom, after putting it in gear it will roll forward, im not talking about the little jump when yo first engage it but it will walk forward while holding in the clutch. i can hold the bike back with my feet or brake but if not it will keep going. reving it up does not make it roll faster or anything :ummm: is this what yours is doing?acts like a dirt bike clutch out of adjustment, the free play is good on the clutch and fluid is nice color and full.

I haven't chg the engine oil yet just got it and was first on my list to do as it looks like crap and the bike shop where i just bought it wouldn't chg it for selling a bike and wanted like 50 bucks for a oil chg :Shocked:

Mine had exactly the same problem - got solved by replacing the oil pump

replaced oil pump? whats the problem oil pressure high?? also find the shift pedal not stuck but if i creep forward a few feet where you dont let out the clutch all the way cant get it into neutral but if roll all thru first then no issue. all related?

Tugla, I'd start with a complete change of clutch fluid, pull off the slave and clean that good...rebuild or replace it if necessary, that's the lowest point in the system and water and crap can settle there easily....water compresses differently than hyd. fluid and can cause issues, good chance that fluid is pretty bad.

Tugla, I'd start with a complete change of clutch fluid, pull off the slave and clean that good...rebuild or replace it if necessary, that's the lowest point in the system and water and crap can settle there easily....water compresses differently than hyd. fluid and can cause issues, good chance that fluid is pretty bad.

yup sounds good thanks

was at a dealer today with a guy from work
i talked with a service guy and he said it was do to my oil

It was done by the dealer (I thought the gear box was dead, so I took it there, I don't have the skill of removing the motor myself) and I have no issues any more...if you really want to, I could go ask how and what, at the time I went to get it back I was so happy I got off 'lightly' I just jumped on it and drove off...

ya that would be nice of ya, also like to know what the oil pump issue is that caused that problem?

thanks, can anyone else shed light on
dtoebaert's issue that was solved by chg the pump out???

Back