clutch slippage

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoymang

Reaction score
HEY WHATS UP?
MY CLUTCH SLIPS WHEN MY ENGINE IS COLD ,AS SOON AS IT WARMS UP IT RUNS GREAT.ITS ALOT MORE NOTICEABLE SINCE I DID THE 4-2-1 KERKER PIPES & STAGE 7 KIT MODS.I THINK IT HAS ALWAYS DONE THIS BUT I'M NOT SURE SINCE I DONT RUN HER HARD TILL SHE WARMS UP:confused2:
I RUN MY BIKE VERY HARD ,MOSTLY WOT .I WAS THINKING ABOUT A
CLUTCH CONVERSION KIT (COIL SPRING STYLE)OR MAYBE DOUBLE D KIT ,ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS OR COMMENTS ?:worthy:

I would make sure that it's a slipping clutch. Have you changed the hydraulics lately? Try bleeding the line too. Another clutch option is a heavy duty spring from pcwracing.net.

HEY WHATS UP?
MY CLUTCH SLIPS WHEN MY ENGINE IS COLD ,AS SOON AS IT WARMS UP IT RUNS GREAT.ITS ALOT MORE NOTICEABLE SINCE I DID THE 4-2-1 KERKER PIPES & STAGE 7 KIT MODS.I THINK IT HAS ALWAYS DONE THIS BUT I'M NOT SURE SINCE I DONT RUN HER HARD TILL SHE WARMS UP:confused2:
I RUN MY BIKE VERY HARD ,MOSTLY WOT .I WAS THINKING ABOUT A
CLUTCH CONVERSION KIT (COIL SPRING STYLE)OR MAYBE DOUBLE D KIT ,ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS OR COMMENTS ?:worthy:

Maybe you are spinning the cold tire easily before it gets a chance to warm up?

I thought my clutch was slipping too when I first bought my max.

It will slip in the higher gears before the low gears if it is going bad.

You can test it by Dumping the clutch in 5th gear, on some good pavement, while the bike is not moving.Hold the rpm's at 3500-4000 then dump the clutch.It should stall.If the clutch is weak it will slip.

BE CAREFULL! dON'T DUMP YOUR BIKE WHILE TRYING THIS!

I used to think my clutch was slipping. Till someone behind me let me know my rear was spinning on "spirited" take offs.

Plus I would try a different brand of oil. Seems the Max seems to like some oils better than others. I know mine hates Quaker State.

I used to think my clutch was slipping. Till someone behind me let me know my rear was spinning on "spirited" take offs.

Plus I would try a different brand of oil. Seems the Max seems to like some oils better than others. I know mine hates Quaker State.

That's funny cowboy! I'm from PA and we all hate quaker state oil. Quaker sludge state!

Like I said,It will slip in 5th first. Not 1st gear.

Back