clutch upgrade would

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoymang

Reaction score
Hey whats up? Last spring I installed a kerker 4-2-1 exhaust and stage 7 kit .Bike runs great although it seems like i lost a little bottom end.This spring i'd like to do the coil spring conversion to the clutch and possibly cams.Which clutch kit is the best?I'd like a stiffer clutch but not one i can't hold at a stop light.Now concerning the cams ,would .360"cams make a significant difference over stock cams?I'd love some feedback.

i'm running the barnett clutch setup, totally happy with the improvement over stock setup. Ya!! its pink!!! only color they have for the max. looking for someone who offers other colors but still searching. i am also using stainless braided lines and the ISR radial racing clutch master cylinder. i'm sure the master cylinder i'm using makes a big difference over how the setup would feel with the stock master, but i cant say for sure as i changed them at the same time i di the clutch upgrade. my setup is a little on the extreme side financially, but that's pretty much the case with the whole bike lol.

Attachments

• 335.jpg
    335.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 799.jpg
    799.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 37
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 42
The ISR combo lever/master is really nice! Do you remember the $ of them?

We have a few old coil conversions left that are OEM parts. We even chromed one which turned out nice.

Sean

Attachments

• clutch1.jpg
    clutch1.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 48
Cams can make a difference though porting at the same time will make even more. The biggest difference is a displacement change (many like our 1300 conversions). Don't look for 20 hp with a port and cam change. Of course it's all relative. 10hp increase is pretty darn good when you look at it from a percentage standpoint. Head and Cam changes will shift the power band up too so you may feel like it's not as strong on the bottom end - some of that will be because it's that much stronger on top.

Sean

Back