cobra or supertrapp slip on

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyordie60

Reaction score
Hi, i have a vmax 99, found some cobra and supertrapp in ebay, both of this can be put in stock header? Because the supertrapp list in ebay say that dont include heater, do I need a special header for supertrapp? I live in Peru, so no so much optios here to try exhaust...

Hi, i have a vmax 99, found some cobra and supertrapp in ebay, both of this can be put in stock header? Because the supertrapp list in ebay say that dont include heater, do I need a special header for supertrapp? I live in Peru, so no so much optios here to try exhaust...

They're both slip-ons, which means all you have to do is pull the stock mufflers and replace with the cobra or supertrapp. no special header needed.

The cobras look great, sound is alright, but they rob horsepower. you can get a little of that back by re-jetting though.

Supertrapps, IMO are the best sounding slip-ons. I ran them myself at one point. Also they don't kill horsepower. As an added bonus stores like Jegs and Summit Racing, sell the different end caps and discs at a lower price than bike shops.

I've been looking for slip on mufflers ever since I smashed mine up. I have a full Dale walker header and the bike is jetted to match.

I wrote Dale and he wants $580 for the mufflers, clamps, and shipping. Too much for me.

How much were the ones you found?

What did you type in to find the 2" size?

Back