color by year

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

likembikem

Reaction score
I had always thought each year Vmax came in only 1 color, lately I'm begining to think I may be wrong. How can I find out what colors were what years? And also the carbon fiber; what is it? A stickon with clear coat? how do you fix imperfections? Both my fenders and airbox cover have small 'can live with' problems I would like to fix, or I may have to paint the whole thing.

1985's came in two colors - red ones & blue ones.

My 85 was black.....

Is it possible your 85 was either changed out to black somewhere along the way, or you've actually got an 86 - perhaps with a build date in 85, or even maybe from a different country?

As I remember, the 86's came with a black paint option. I can't remember the other color offered for 86 (I'm gettin' old).

I'm fairly certain the only 87's you'll run across are from a furren country as they weren't offered in the USA. (I think too many left over 85's & 86's in the warehouses)

Is it possible your 85 was either changed out to black somewhere along the way, or you've actually got an 86 - perhaps with a build date in 85, or even maybe from a different country?

As I remember, the 86's came with a black paint option. I can't remember the other color offered for 86 (I'm gettin' old).

I'm fairly certain the only 87's you'll run across are from a furren country as they weren't offered in the USA. (I think too many left over 85's & 86's in the warehouses)

Old timer's right with one color being the dark blue and I had the other color dark strawberry red. Both were metal-flake. They made 2 colors a year initally then somewhere along the line just offered one.

Back