Cool online manual but...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you like to get in a pool to get access to this online manual?

• Yes its a great and cheap idea

Votes: 12 85.7%
  • No, i couldn't care less about that and prefer to pay big bucks to the stealer...

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

wildweasel_pt

Reaction score
Hi all

The other day a friend pointed me to this site and it was available for browsing. It looked really cool with lots of hi res photos. Unfortunately not anymore... Does anyone have a subscription on this that can share with the forum? Or we can share costs and have a common user for the forum. What you all think? The admins could gather interest on this and see how much people were interested and the divide the fee for the number of interested people and then do the signup and share the user and pass with the payers...
Chime in and answer the poll. Yes or no... 50 bucks for lifetime subscription...

http://www.cyclepedia.com/yamaha-vmx1200-vmax-online-service-manual/

I think if 50 of us chip in $1 and Gary's happy to collect, pay the subscription and make the login details available to all who chipped in, then we're set!

I just don't know if we can do multiple log-ins but even if that is not possible we can organize ourselves not to go there at the same time and for a guy not to be logged in 24 hours a day... I used to do that with a friend that owns a car parts shop and he let me know the access codes for those online catalogs for retailers where we can check the prices and compatibility with other cars and where its cheaper... Worked fine...

The fng says I'm in for a buck looks like a good deal and worth a buck just to see if it works!

Didn't you see the "fng"? I'm learnin slowly!
:worthy:

Wow Fred your like royalty Those bikes are amazing!!!!!!!!!

i I WILL SPONSOR THE HOLE $50.00 MYSELF , IF IT CAN BE SET UP SO THAT EVERY " MEMBER " OF THIS FORUM CAN ACCESS IT , LIKE A MEMBERS ONLY V-MAX MANUAL ! . :punk:

Just my question is....what's different/better about this manual than the OE Yamaha shop manual that's online for free?

yea that manual was available for free for like a year or so. i think it was a bug on their part.

i liked their stuff for the high res pics of how shit goes back together. if i forget or something its right there. their instructions aren't as good as haynes IMO

i I WILL SPONSOR THE HOLE $50.00 MYSELF , IF IT CAN BE SET UP SO THAT EVERY " MEMBER " OF THIS FORUM CAN ACCESS IT , LIKE A MEMBERS ONLY V-MAX MANUAL ! . :punk:
Thanks for the prompt attitude mate but i don't think that is fair for you. We can subscribe as a whole entity.
The difference from the service manual is that the photos are much better and you can see what you are doing instead of following blind instructions on service manual. A picture is worth a 1000 words... And this is cheap for lifetime... Lets see how many people is interested on this and then proceed from there...

hey guys its a cool idea and all but not sure if the forum can support sponsored theft. I am in the digital era and realize its going to happen either way so personally, it doesn't bother me but just looking out for the forum, buster, etc, esp since this thread is world-wide visible.

now if someone was to take up email addresses and handle it themselves, not sure if theres anything linking it to the forum. We need buster's input. please wait to hear from him before moving on this

sorry to be that guy.

hey guys its a cool idea and all but not sure if the forum can support sponsored theft. I am in the digital era and realize its going to happen either way so personally, it doesn't bother me but just looking out for the forum, buster, etc, esp since this thread is world-wide visible.

now if someone was to take up email addresses and handle it themselves, not sure if theres anything linking it to the forum. We need buster's input. please wait to hear from him before moving on this

sorry to be that guy.

Yes of course. I think there's no issue if the "forum" subscribes that... We have an email account. Is there any illegality if i subscribe and allow my friend to access it with my consent?... If there is we can always ask them if they allow us to subscribe. Rather have a subscription for several than none to none... Think it over...

Unfortunately if you read the terms of acceptance, there is likely something about not reproducing it or passing it to someone else except for your own individual use. So it's copyrighted. We don't need to jeopardize anyone's fate because we want to save some $. Look what happened to the file-sharing people, thousands of $ in settlement costs. The best thing to do is to bite the bullet and spend your $. What does this amount to? Locally, it is probably 1/2 hr. at the dealership for labor (shop rate). Yes, I would like to have access to something like that but sometimes you have to vote w/your wallet.

Someone mentioned sending a copy of the file to someone else. Technically, that is also a violation of the terms of acceptance, I'm sure. Also, there may be some encoding software needed to be installed onto your computer to access it.

I am all-for access to more info, but not if it is going to affect the forum's legal status.

Tim, that is a magnanimous gesture on your part.

I'm on the same page than Garrett.
The point is somebody made all this work for creating that manual and propose for fee.

Sharing it, it's like making scan copy of the clymer and sharing it. It's a typical violation of copyright.

Sorry for the bad news guys.

If we want it for free we will need to rely of the geniuses around here who are making those great how to.

Personally on my hand I think about getting it if it can really help me.

Do somebody remember in what format the manual is?
Lifetime subscription is hard to believe... Better to have it ready for dowload and print.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

its not downloadable, IIRC, it uses its own viewer online.

Sorry to say this guys but eventhough i understand what you'all saying you talk and talk but most of you have a copy of the service manual on their hard-drives don't you? And that costs money (and not that little) or even scans from Haynes or Clymer? Isn't that the same thing? One thing being available online doesn't mean its legal to download it and use it/share it...
And i said if that is not possible due to possible rules infringement of the site we can always ask them if we can use on the forum only, doesn't cost to ask...
If even this way you'all think that this is wrong forget all i've said and we go back to our lives...
I just thought it could be of great help to all of us without being costy to all...
So i'll suggest Buster or the Admins get in contact with them and ask them if they're willing to allow for forum use. You can always give them a space/ad here to pay for it. Most of us have more bikes than vmaxs and its a good way to show appreciation and gather clients... Just saying...

like i said, personally i don't have a leg to stand on, but i don't want the forum to be implicated. also if someone wants to email them and ask about a giant group discount, more power to you.

Latest posts

Back